May 24, 2009

take me out to the ballgame…

Ok, so here are a few pictures I took of Cole’s new room. We are not done yet, but it’s a big start. I have a lot of accessorizing to do in his hutch and shelves. This picture of the hutch was taken before I redid it a bit, but I didn’t take another picture. If you are reading the song at the top you will notice we had to cut 2 of the sentences out…hehe…room wasn’t quite big enough for it all! Let me know if you have any suggestions!  Oh, and I think I’m going to change out the drapes…I was thinking red and white check print…what do you think?! I haven’t put pictures in his frames yet, so just ignore the people you don’t recognize. Cole has a little hallway in his room from the door, so I turned that into a wall to display his art work! I’m going to get his little apron embroidered with his name. I think I might make a little area under the pirate picture for hanging his apron and maybe a baseball cap…oh and my dad is giving me an old baseball glove for the hutch…I need more baseball decor ideas people! I would love to find some old vintage trophies to put on top of the hutch…

IMG_7350 IMG_7347 IMG_7348 IMG_7349IMG_7632  IMG_7614 IMG_7616 IMG_7617IMG_7613 IMG_7618 IMG_7619 IMG_7620

Please notice that the ship is his hand and the alligator is his foot! Done last year… IMG_7623 IMG_7624 IMG_7625 IMG_7630

27 sweet comments:

Amanda said...

What an adorable room! Here's idea I did for Ryan's room: I displayed his daddy's childhood baseball glove and ball. I love it because its all worn in and the best part is that Jason's name is written on it that he did himself when he was like 8 years old with his old phone number and everything. It is so cute and it makes it sentimental. Did Brooks play baseball as a child? Use his old trophies and/or glove to decorate...
Just an idea!

Alex said...

WOW!!! What a gorgeous room!!!!!

the rodriguez crew said...

that room is ADORABLE!! so much style! my favorite parts are the basket full of baseballs (so cute), and the "no girls allowed" sign (seriously, LOVE IT!). everything is absolutely perfect, just as it is! and I love the idea of displaying his artwork!

Holly said...

I love his new room!!! I cannot show Jon these pictures, because he would probably suggest that I paint the words to the Monday Night Football theme song on Landon's wall! haha (sooo NOT happening!!).

I love the "no girls allowed" sign! too cute!! I like the idea of the checkered drapes...it would be super cute if you could find some that match that diamond checkered picture frame that's on his hutch!

Good job with the big boy room!!!

The Weisser family said...

Wow Katie!! It's absolutly adorable!! Suck a big boy room! Something he wont grow out of but into! Love it!!

B.E.A.L. said...

i am so glad you did this post...his room his super cute! You did a fabulous job decorating.

I love all the wall decor and the basket of baseballs is my fave too! I also love the sign on the wall by the C....cute!

That is a great room that will grow with him!

Jenn said...

This looks amazing! Great job! I'll keep my eye out for things! Wow....just adorable (not that I'm surprised!)

Caden and Mommy said...

Very cute Katie! Caden also has a baseball themed room. Dan painted two of his walls with the "field of dreams" I love the basket full of baseballs :0) Caden also has the locker room baskets from the Land of Nod - they would look cute in Cole's room and they are great for socks, hats, etc. or for litle cars and toys. Thanks for sharing!

Aunt Jen said...

Have you thought about having Mom and Dad sending Brooks' old baseball trophies to put in the room? I love the basket of balls...but evil side of being an aunt came out as I thought about how often you will be finding and picking them up from around the house.

The Bankesters said...

Absolutely adorable!!! I think the red and white curtains would be perfect. What a great room for a little boy.

Melisa said...

What an adorable room! You definitely have the artistic gene.

Emily said...

Very adorable! You did a fantastic job!

Lisa said...

Just one word.

WOW!

Lucy said...

very cute, katie! what a great room for cole!

Leong Family's said...

WOW!! Cole have a super duper cute big room and an impressive mommy!! Katie, I love Cole name decor and almost every decor you did to Cole room.

Jennifer said...

Wow Katie! You are so creative. The room is just darling!

Melissa Swartley said...

Love it Love it Love it!!!! The basket of baseballs is sooo cool! I think the handprint and alligator picture is just too adorable! Seriously! Great job! Cole must be lovin' it!

Bobbi said...

What a cute room!!! My only question...are those baseballs sitting around where Cole could reach them? Ellie would have them flying across the room in a split second if they were within reach! Love every detail you've put into Cole's room so far! You are so talented, Katie!!!

Kim said...

Very beautiful. I did the striped painting on Preston's wall in his nursery in pale green. I love the room. You did a fantastic job! I am on the hunt for construction themed stuff. So it you come across that in your hunt for baseball stuff. I don't know if you have a favorite baseball team, but thery made balck and white photos of kids in uniforms with numbers on the back (for example there would be a bunch of kids in uniforms from the back and the number 8 for Yogi Berra, 3 for Babe, etc.) Just adorable. Does Cole's crib transform into the toddler bed? You can then use the same bedding!

Danielle said...

Love the room! It's adorable Katie - too cute!

The Wilson Family said...

What a precious room for Sweet Cole!!! I absolutely LOVE it!!!!! Thanks for posting pics of it- I love getting new decorating ideas!!!!

Karolyn said...

What an awesome room! It must have taken a long time to collect all that baseball stuff?! Totally worth it! What a lucky little guy :) Great job mom!!!

Annie said...

Love it!!! Can you give me your painter's number!!! Adorable! It is so perfect for little slugger Cole!

Anthea said...

OK - The building of my new house starts in 2 weeks! Should be finished around Christmas - at which stage the kids rooms will need decorating!

Can you see where I am going with this? NOPE - OK, I'll explain.

Well, Chrismas in Australia is nice and warm & Australia is really a very nice place and is a great holiday destination and ................
can you come and do my kids rooms s .....PLEASE!!!!

I'm serious!!!!

Greene Family said...

Cole's new room is so adorable - love it!! You did an awesome job decorating! I love the basket full of baseballs and the "no girls allowed" sign! His artwork with his hand and footpribnt is so cute! I'm sure he is loving his big boy room!!

sharon said...

what a fantastic room..Cole is a lucky boy:)

Dunhams said...

That looks great! All the accessories are amazing! Maybe you can help me design Madeline's big girl room in your spare time b/c I am SO not creative :)