Jun 16, 2009

1st EVER family movie night!

….and we will be doing it again! Since Cole goes to bed at 8:30 and it’s still pretty much light out, we closed the whole house up to make it nice and dark. Changed into our jammies, grabbed skip it and watched our first movie as a family. Cole did great! He sat in my lap for 45 minutes totally into the movie. We took a break when daddy felt like a strawberry milkshake and Cole had enough sitting still. Then, we finished the movie. I don’t think he is ready for his first movie theater experience, but I hope it’s right around the corner. We rented Horton hears a who and it was super cute and had such a great {and appropriate} message: “A person’s a person, no matter how small.” Very true!IMG_8514IMG_8517

13 sweet comments:

The Leonard Four said...

i love this tradition! glad that y'all had fun! :)

Alex said...

Horton hears a Who was a great movie!!!

B.E.A.L. said...

glad yall had fun...this is one of our favorite traditions!

and what a great movie to start with!

Anthea said...

I still haven't seen that one....will have to try it out. Another one with a good message, when he is a little older, is "Stripes" (I think that is what it is called). I remember watching it with Matthew and Ray just after Tori was born, thinking....hmmmm...when she gets older this will be great for her.

Destini said...

We love Horton hears a Who too! I started taking Trace to the movies around 18 months, but he normally fell asleep somewhere after the previews and woke up right before the end! He still has trouble sitting through an entire movie at the theater, we normally try to keep him out in the hallway during the previews to help that out!

Stephanie said...

Ok, you don't know me, but I'm a blog stocker. ;) I found your site through our friend, Becky Jones. Your blog is SO cute and I love the fun stuff you post. You have inspired us to have our first movie night this Friday night. Thought I'd tell you. :)

Thanks!
Stephanie

Stephanie said...

sorry, wrong URL.

Melissa Swartley said...

Woo hoo! Movie nights are so much fun! I love the pictures of Cole trying on your flip flops! Hide your heels! Hehehe! Zoe used to love trying on mine until she had a nasty fall in them! Now I have to watch out for my Akela... I pray Sonya will have no interest as I will be behind her with a pillow all the way! LOL! Thanks for introducing us to Spencer's family!!! Yay for expanding our little blogging community!

Kim said...

How fun! Preston is really into movies now and I am thinking it is time to get to the movie theatre! I am a little nervous-but I think he will do ok-even if it is for half the show.
Love the picture of you and Cole. He is looking more and more like a little man. We really have to get our schedules together maybe by the end of the year and try to meet!

Caden and Mommy said...

Katie!
So after you said what Horton Hear's a Who is About ... I figured we would have to see this one! We rented it today ... Caden lasted 10 minutes :0( Guess Dan and I will be watching it alone!
I love Cole in your shoes ... toooo funny! That will be a good one to take out when his buddies are over at the age of 13 :0)
I love that Cole Eats His Toes! What a character!

Greene Family said...

Yay for family movie night, and a really good movie! That is great that Cole sat still for 45 minutes! Love the photo of the two of you!

Jodi said...

Oh my goodness Katie, I love the picture of you and Cole!! So cute!! Got to love movie night!!

Dunhams said...

That was our first family movie too!! Such a fun tradition!