Jun 3, 2009

22 months!! Where has the time gone?

Seriously, this kid needs to stop getting older! I am missing my itty witty baby because he is no longer a baby BUT a big boy…     IMG_2065 IMG_2095 IMG_2100 IMG_2155

Gosh, my baby is almost a 2 year old! Seriously!? Wow! He just keeps getting cuter and cuter every day and surprising me in the BEST ways! We went to gymnastics a few weeks ago and he had a great time playing with some of his friends!IMG_7458IMG_7472IMG_7496IMG_7501

Onto other news…We had an ENT appointment yesterday and they want to put tubes in Cole’s ears. It’s a super easy 5 minute surgery and my only hesitation is the anesthesia part since our kiddos are harder patients in that department. I’m just hoping that once he gets these tubes his vocabulary will just explode! He had a hearing test and they said he hears like he is under water which could be delaying his speech. We are just in limbo with our insurance company right now. We are waiting to hear if they are going to drop Cole as a member {loooong story and fingers crossed they don’t}. We are hoping this all gets resolved a.s.a.p!! We know he needs the surgery, but don’t want to have it and then he gets dropped and we are stuck with the huge bill! YIKES!

22 sweet comments:

Tiffany said...

Happy 22 months, sweet Cole!!
He's adorable as ever!!
Goodness they grow up fast!!

Tubes will make a world of difference for him :-) Good luck with the whole insurance thing...my fingers are crossed!

Heidi said...

oh katie, so sorry to hear about the insurance problems!! insurance companies suck. keeping you all in our prayers for the insurance and the tubes!

hugs!

Emily said...

LOVE seeing the little baby Cole pictures! You are so right though, it just goes too fast. I'll be hoping that everything works out with your insurance company - the tube surgery can really work miracles for speech!

Jillsblog said...

Oh you have no idea....one week after JD got tubes (the day after his 2nd bday) he was chatting away...it was all bottled up inside of him!!!

Hopefully your insurance stuff pans out in your favor...Anethesia for tubes is a mask, no intubation so it is a piece of cake!!!!

The Bankesters said...

Ian just had tubes and I swear it was the fastest surgery ever. They were able to just use the gas and not intubate him or have to put in IV. We were in and out in 3 hours from our hospital. I do understand the anesthesia fears. I have them every time Ian goes under, which has been a lot.

Hope the insurance thing works out. I know that that is adding stress that you don't need in your life.
I so hope that LPA can work with Congress and get dwarfism omitted as a pre existing condition.

K said...

What a ridiculously cute kid Cole is!!! Thoughts and prayers with the insurance stuff and the tubes.

Alex said...

What a great kid!!!! He is too cute!
Good luck on the insurance stuff! Anaïs is getting her tubes this afternoon!!!!

Tiffany said...

Don't you just hate insurance companies? We've had struggles too, they're just so lame! I'm sorry! But on the plus side he is such a handsome guy! It's crazy to see baby pictures...he's a cutie!

Destini said...

What a sweetie! Hope it all works out for the surgery, tubes will make a huge difference. Trace is on his second set. As for the anesthesia, my mom is a CRNA and while the surgery is extra short, Trace has always been intubated, just for precaution, better to be intubed in a controlled environment than in an emergency...make sure you talk to the anesthesia team and the ENT to be sure whichever way is the correct way to go.

Chris and Emily said...

Hope your insurance works out...that's crazy that they might drop him.

Cohen has tubes and did great with being "under" He was so tiny when they did it too! It's so fast!!

sharon said...

I hope you get the insurance stuff sorted soon..luckily we dont have to worry about that over here. Ferns speech improved quickly after her grommets you wont be able to keep cole quiet soon!! He is so cute love the pics:)

Melissa Swartley said...

Oh my gosh! He is just too darn cute in all those pics! A big pit full of foam blocks, what could be more fun?! I hope things work out with your insurance compaany and that the tubes surgery goes nice and smooth!

Lisa said...

Hope the insurance stuff is ironed out ASAP. I'll say these short surgeries are so freaken expensive. Liz's last tubes surgery was 12k. But it's amazing. Her hearing improved RIGHT afterward. She could hear us again!! Well Worth it!!

Annie said...

Oh Cole is so stinkin cute! His baby pictures are adorable!!! Oh my gosh how cute!!! I hope everything works out with your insurance. My friends son had tubes and he seriously started talking over night!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Jenn said...

Fingers are crossed on the insurance! My sister had the same issue, it was like she was a few feet under water they said when she was little. I don't remember if she did tubes or not....it's going to be so much fun hearing Cole talk as much as his mommy, oh the things he will say! Can't wait, he's just the cutest! Love you!

Kim said...

I hope the insurance comes through for the surgery. Cole will do perfect! I promise you it is so easy! Easy for Cole and easy for you! And wait until you hear his vocabulary explode! Anyway, baby Cole pictures are adorable, but I also love 22 month old Cole pictures as well! They make me smile. He is just so beyond cute. How do you stand it?? :-)

Greene Family said...

Happy 22 months, Cole! Goodness - I said the same thing last week . . . I can't believe Simon is 22 months old already!
What a cutie Cole is - yep, cuter and cuter every day!! Those baby pictures of Cole are so precious with his adorable smile! I can imagine how much he surprises you everyday!
Good luck with the insurance company! The tubes will make a huge difference. Simon had the same issue (we were also told that he heard like hearing under water), and he started making a lot of new sounds after his tubes were placed.

Bobbi said...

What adorable pictures of Cole...from baby to big boy!! I can't wait to meet him (and you of course!!). Sending lots of luck your way with the insurance company. They are the devil I think. Don't fret over the anesthesia part with the ear tubes. I think MOST of the time, the anesthesiologist gases them which is much easier on everyone. That's all they did with Ellie. She didn't even have an IV! IT was a quick in and quick out surgery. Good luck, Katie!

The Lance Family said...

Good luck with the insurance company...what a pain!! Cole just keeps getting cuter and cuter!! Tubes will make all the difference in the world. Kari got them when she was 2 and she was a different child after...so happy and talking nonstop!!

Dunhams said...

Awesome pictures! He is just too cute! Gymnastics looks like so much fun...I think we might have to try it sometime too :) Good luck with all the insurance craziness!

BRYAN'S YAYA said...

Can you believe how time flies? What a whirlwind the past two years have been!

Tubes will make all the difference. I hope you are making progress with the insurance company.

Can you email me a quote for a blog design for Jordan? I want Shelby to be to pick something up and run with it. I am SO busy, but I thought...KATY...POLKA DOT PIG...PERFECT.

If you can, email me a quote...
candiogirl@yahoo.com

Again...good luck with the insurance company..and don't hesitate to remind them that girls in Texas carry big guns!

Candi
YaYa to Bryan

Jaime said...

Cole is such a cute kid! Always looking stylish! I love the picture of the two of you in the foam pit - looks like a ton of fun!

As for the tubes, it is such an easy process and only uses general anesthesia through a mask, so there aren't any worries. You'll notice a difference quickly after the procedure. I hope that you get the insurance issue figured out soon!