Jun 22, 2009

world’s best daddy

IMG_8660 copyIMG_8665 copy          That’s right! Cole is so lucky to have such a wonderful, devoted daddy in his life! Brooks works so hard to provide a great life for this little guy. They love each other so much and sometimes mom gets a little jealous of all the hugs and kisses that dad gets. ;)IMG_8590IMG_8595IMG_8607IMG_8608

Cole helped me make dad a b-b-q platter. This is Brooks’ new hobby so I thought it was fitting to have an entire gift devoted to all things grillin’. I think he really loved it. Cole was such a stinker trying to get his handprints on the plate. They aren’t great prints, but this was our 2nd attempt and I thought they were good enough. I spent over 4 hours painting this platter and I would say it is definitely “homemade” looking, but I think that’s what adds to its charm. Oh, and those are ants crawling along the edges {not spiders}. I made the platter over at Color me mine, but you can make them anywhere there is a pottery studio. IMG_8618IMG_8625IMG_8627IMG_8631IMG_8641IMG_8647   Cole just loves  his daddy! Oh, and please note the mismatched jammies {yep, that’s how we roll around here.} A BIG Happy Father’s day to my dad and my father-in-law! You guys are the BEST!

18 sweet comments:

Tiffany said...

so sweet!!
homemade gifts are the BEST!!

Cole is as precious as ever :-)

Jennjilla said...

What a great gift! Where did you make the plate at? And I love the mismatched jammies - that is how we roll, too. Tops and Bottoms are NEVER clean at the same time...so annoying!

Victoria said...

you have such a beautiful family! What great gifts for daddy, love it!

mejane said...

So creative! And there is nothing better than seeing a dad and son love on each other like that. I want to know where you got the platter (I might just steal your idea for next year). :)

Laura Wolf said...

Cole's plate to dad was by far the best Father's Day present I've seen. What creativity. Cole is so cute in his PJ's.

K said...

How awesome! And we have mismatched jammies lots as well per Korben's choice! :)

The Leonard Four said...

first of all...i LOVE the mismatched jams! too cute!

and i think that the plate turned out great, my friend! i have a ton more father's day ideas where that one came from!!! you did a great job painting it and all of the BBQ supplies you put together were perfect! :)

glad that brooks had a great daddy's day!

Melisa said...

That was such a great gift! You are always so cretive. We are sort of mismatched here too. Aidan just picks what he wants and puts them on himself and would get angry if I had a say in what he wore for the day! Have a great time in Cali. and Vegas!

the rodriguez crew said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhh man that is the cutest plate EVER! i'm stealing that idea for next year for SURE! and these are fabulous new pictures of the johnson fam - love them all! so so cute.

p.s. those aren't even mismatched jams - when you're busting out christmas & halloween together like Jagger? now that's a sight to see! ;)

Emily said...

Awesome gift idea! You are very talented!

B.E.A.L. said...

The plate turned out fantastic...and I love the "all things grilling" idea!

The pictures are adorable and so glad that yall had a great day!

Annie said...

your platter turned out adorable!!! soo cute! I love the hugging picture- priceless! have a great time on your trip!!!

Kim said...

I could not wait to see what you did for Father's Day! What an amazing gift-you really need to open up a store-there was a place in NY that was called Blue Tulip-gifts and everything-it was such a Katie Johnson store. Try googling it. Totally you.
Love the platter so much. Also love all the pictures. I also love the mismatched jammies!

Katie said...

Awesome gifts!! Wish I lived closer so you could teach me, you are very talented!

Dunhams said...

What an awesome gift! And I don't think it looked homemade in the least bit...I'll have to show you the pottery I've made :) All the pics are adorable, especially the family pic...gorgeous!

Greene Family said...

So sweet!! Adorable pictures! Great Father's Day presents - love the platter!

Leong Family's said...

That's a great gift for daddy, Katie. Love all the picture, it so adorable.

Caden and Mommy said...

What a great gift and a great family picture! I had my hair trimmed the other day and she straightened it. I wish I had the time and dedication to straighten it daily! Yours looks so cute!