Jul 27, 2009

a boy and his cars.

Have I mentioned how much Cole likes LOVES cars!? I think I have, but let me reiterate it. He is obsessed by every sense of the word. I think it was one of his first words after mama and dada. No, I take that back…he called them “beep beeps” for the looongest time! We can barely walk past the “car” section at Target without him pointing and getting all excited shouting “caaar.” BUT I think it’s pretty cute, so I give in to this car obsession. Even Cole’s friend, Jorja, knows we always have a few cars stashed away in hidden spots that she will ask me for a car OR a train when we are together. Yes, trains or “choo choos” as Cole refers to them are another obsession. So, let me change this obsession to anything with wheels. You can usually find Cole hanging on to two or three sometimes 5 cars at a time. One is usually in the  mouth so that he is able to carry them all over the house. I can’t wait to surprise Cole with all of his “car” gifts for his birthday! He is going to go N.U.T.S!

IMG_9234IMG_9240IMG_8985IMG_9203 IMG_9044 IMG_8067

20 sweet comments:

Supermom-In-Training said...

Cole and JD are two peas in a pod!! JD LOVES his cars and trains too and lines them right up!

The Bankesters said...

Cole and Ian are twins. We have to go to the car aisle in every store. Ian has to study all the cars and then picks out 1 that he wants. It is so fun to watch him put so much thought into it. Did I mention that we are also obsessed with cars.

Cole is going to have a great Bday!!

B.E.A.L. said...

ummmmm...those might just be the cutest pictures of him EVER! I love it! I love that he is all boy when it comes to things with wheels!

precious....I don't get that with girls!

The Book of Renee and Ryan said...

Is that Matti on a date with Cole? She doesn't seem to like his driving skills!! I love the pic with the train in his mouth! Such a boy!

Alex said...

What a cute post!!! I think it's so cute how they go through phases being totally obsessed with something!

Jennifer said...

Yep. Looks familiar. Cars and trains and anything with wheels! I think it's a gene.

Becky said...

too bad you didn't have picks of him going around the mall in a car! :) That would have proved even more how much he loves them! I actually bought Jorja one train because of how much she loves to play with Cole's. So fun! Can't wait to see his face light up at the party when he sees all the fun stuff you bought!!

Becky said...

umm... "pics"... ;)

Jodi said...

Oh my goodness I love the one with the train/car in his mouth!! That's got to be the cutest thing I have ever seen!! And, sorry about your fall today! I felt so bad for you when I read it on FB!! I hope the mall does pay for your lense!! Glad ya'll are ok though.. Love ya! :)
Jodi

The Leonard Four said...

i love those cute little chubby baby fingers wrapped around those cars! and i love that he always has one in his mouth! LOVE that little car crazy kiddo!!! :)

Laura Wolf said...

Katie, Cole is so cute with his cars and trains. I love the organization with his fire trucks. Just love looking at all the pictures.

Katie said...

As always-such a cutie! Our Cole has the same cup and i can just imagine Cole J making all those great sounds. Wish I could be there. :)

Kim said...

Ok seriously Preston and Cole are brothers. Every morning cars and trucks are lined on the windowsill. He tries to carry four at a time downstairs to the point he cannot even walk his arms are so loaded. Matchbox cars are in my purse, my car, the house-now we are into planes and trains as well. Heance the truck themed room he always has! Cole is a massive cutie as well!

Destini said...

How sweet! Trace just picked the Mack car carrier out the other day at Toys R Us - now he can carry Mack and 16 of his favorite cars everywhere he goes! Although his obsession is most definitely tractors, but he loves cars too!

Melisa said...

The love for cars just continues on...may possibly even into adulthood. Aidan lines his trains up at the front window when he waves goodbye to me in the mornings before work. Our boys are so similar!!

Greene Family said...

So adorable - love the pictures of your sweet boy! Simon is obsessed with all things wheels too! Have fun celebrating Cole's big day this weekend!

Karolyn said...

Happy Birthday Cole!! Hope you have an awesome carnival bday!
From Karolyn and Kaydin

sharon said...

I love the pics of cole. Fern doesnt have the car obsession but she carries her toy rabbit around in the mouth too! i absolutely love the pic of cole swimming in the header...i dont think he can psooible get any cuter:)

Always be my hero said...

Cole is awesome!really love seeing all of his photos. He is adorable as always...

Always be my hero said...
This comment has been removed by the author.