Aug 31, 2009

this is the way we brush our teeth

Cole loves to “brush” his teeth. I ask him if he’s ready and runs to our bathroom and shouts over and over “teeth-teeth” and hops on our counter. He wants to do it, but of course mama has to intervene to get those teeth actually clean.  He’s pretty good about the whole process, but mostly just wants to suck off the toothpaste and not really brush. IMG_0009IMG_0010   IMG_0011 IMG_0012IMG_0015  He loves to turn the water on and off and rinse his toothbrush out.  IMG_0016IMG_0024

…and he always makes sure to put it back in the right place.  IMG_0029

Uh-oh! Caught in the act of using daddies toothbrush! Shhhh! He still doesn’t know. IMG_0031 This is what I look like “spitting” out my toothpaste

15 sweet comments:

Melissa Swartley said...

Good job Cole!!! He is too cute brushing those pearly whites! I wish Sonya liked to do this! I practically have to wrestle with her to get the job done! Love the pic's!!!

the rodriguez crew said...

oh my word, this is such a cutie post! i've just been thinking lately, how much I HATE that part of our night time process b/c jagger has decided he's through with the whole process! he used to be just like Cole, and love it. No more! So enjoy it while it lasts, it can change in one day! ha! i love his little toes, and i love his "spit" face! ha!!

the rodriguez crew said...

oh, and p.s. where did you get his cute "two" tshirt? I might need that for J for the fall!

Heidi said...

I LOVE it! Noah loves to brush his teeth too (actually i should say, loves to suck the toothpaste off too) :) aren't we lucky moms. I hear some parents have to actually fight their kids to brush their teeth! lol

Melisa said...

Great hygiene practice Cole! Great job and you look adorable brushing.

Alex said...

great job Cole! :)

Caden and Mommy said...

So cute! I've been needing a cute Cole post! We haven't tried toothpaste yet, maybe it is time to introduce it ... since the excitement of brushing our teeth has worn off. Caden now looks at it as it is a bother. Cute, cute pics!

Destini said...

Adorable pictures! Maybe if I show these to Trace I won't have to hold him down and pry his mouth open to brush his...

Tricia said...

Margaret loves to brush hers too....and hates to let me help her. It is "Margaret do it!" over and over again....and like Cole, all she really does is suck off the toothpaste.

Laura Wolf said...

That's wonderful that Cole likes to brush his teeth. Cute pics showing him doing a good job! Nate also loves to brush his teeth, more than his sister, and comes running with his mouth opened when I ask. It's wonderful!

The Leonard Four said...

these pics are WAY cute! carly still just likes to suck off the toothpaste!!!! i sure do miss that little man! when are we going to get together?????

love this post!

Leong Family's said...

Bravo Cole!! You did a good job. Those pics are just too cute.

Greene Family said...

Too cute - love the pictures! Cole has such a cute smile! Simon likes to brush his teeth too (he has to let me have my turn first), and he has the same Elmo toothbrush. :)

Anthea said...

OMG - how amazing is that? I still have trouble getting my 9 year old to do that - lol!

Love the pics - Cole is just gorgeous.

Kim said...

We had the Elmo toothbrush too. Even though Preston is almost 4 I still take over after he has attempted to get those "hard to reach" molars. I love Cole's expressions. He is precious! Especially in that last picture. Adorable. I just want to eat him up. And I am sure daddy did not mind that he used the toothbrush at all!