Sep 13, 2009

1st day of “cool”

Cole officially had his 1st day of Mother’s Day Out! I wasn’t quite sure how he would do since we haven’t been to the gym {daycare} in a few weeks months! Ahhhh! Sorry Jodi :) So, he really hasn’t left my side for quite a while and he has been such a momma’s boy lately. We went to back to school night the day before he started to meet Cole’s teachers, Mrs. Stephanie and Mrs. Regan. They seemed nice enough. I mean all we really said was “Hi, this is Cole” and they said “Hi, I’m Stephanie and this is Regan.” Then we all kind of sat there awkwardly trying to figure out what we are supposed to do next. Brooks and I decided it was time to go and we had to rip the cars and trucks out of Cole’s little fingers to get him to leave the classroom. I figured as long as the cars and trucks are there tomorrow then we would be just fine. We made our way to the gymnasium where they had the spirit shirts out for purchase and lots of booths that people could rent out to sell us stuff. I really wanted to buy Cole a blue spirit shirt, but Brooks told me just to wait and that he didn’t even need it yet. So, we made our rounds and left to go get some dinner and a good nights rest.

That night he slept horribly! He was awake at 2:00 in the morning screaming his head off. So, we brought him to bed with us. He decided the only way he could sleep was with his 10 lb noggin right my stomach. Well, I couldn’t really breath and moved him to the side and he popped right up and figured it was time to play. He hopped off the bed and was running around our room….ugh! It was 2:30 am at this point. I forced Brooks to put Cole back in his room, but he just took him to the guest bedroom where he slept on top of Brooks that night. We think this might be the beginning of nightmares…joy! Needless to say he woke up in a good mood! He had a nice hearty bowl of oatmeal with a mashed banana in it! Yum! We got him dressed, brushed his teach and combed his hair. We were ready for his 1st day! BUT not before we snapped a few pictures of our big boy with his backpack. He was NOT having any part of this…

IMG_0289{Please don’t mind the water on his shirt from brushing his teeth}

  So, we decided to throw a car in the mix and daddy…this is what we got…

IMG_0301

I tried to cut Brooks out so I could get a picture of just Cole, but the closer I got to Cole the more closer Brooks put his face in there…haha! IMG_0302

IMG_0291 Have you ever had one of those days where you couldn’t take a good picture to save your life? Well, I was having one of those days! None of my pictures turned out cute, so we may have a re-do next week.

 IMG_0308

We got to school and Cole walked in holding on to daddy. As soon as we entered the doors he wanted to be held. He wasn’t sure what was going on, but knew it wasn’t good.

IMG_0325IMG_0331 IMG_0338IMG_0342He got a sticker for his back that said “Cole” on it so the teacher’s knew who he was and then we hung his backpack up.  Do you see what Cole went directly to? The cars! He was in heaven and didn’t care where we were.IMG_0341   Brooks and I decided it was time to go and we kissed him good bye and that’s when the tears started. He chased after us, but the teacher caught him and we continued out the door. I remembered when I used to work child care that is was better for every body if you didn’t linger and just let the teacher do their thing. We waited in the hallway for a few minutes and a parent came out and said Cole was doing great and was playing with their son! So we left and mama had her 1st MDO!!! It was great by the way!

I picked Cole up at 2:00 and he was in the teacher’s lap with his head on her chest. The lights were still out and most of the kids were asleep. She told me that Cole had just woken up…what!? He slept! Wow! She said she rocked him to sleep and the put him on his nap mat where he slept for an hour and fifteen minutes. He got a note in his folder that said this. “Cole played hard and slept hard. What a sweet boy!” He ate all of his lunch too! That’s my big boy! I hope he is excited to go back tomorrow! Since Cole’s friend Reid is in the classroom right next door, Meredith and I decided to take the boys for some frozen yogurt. No pictures, because Cole was being a stinker, but it was the perfect way to end such a great 1st day!!

15 sweet comments:

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

how fun! So glad you are getting some MDO's and Cole is getting to make new friends and go to school! I LOVE his first day of school outfit, and of course his backpack/lunchbox are adorable! how many times a week will he go?

Dunhams said...

So glad his first day was a success! I think all the pictures turned out great!! Cole is adorable!

Anthea said...

Those photos are great - if my bad days photos came out like that, I would be a happy camper. I am still trying to work out if school for you is the same as kindergarten here.....our kids NEVER sleep in school, for that matter, they don't sleep in kindy either. The differences in the school system still jumble up my brain....lol. Glad Cole had a great day.

The Leonard Four said...

yippee for a great first day!!! i bet coles is just gonna love school! and for the record, i think the pics you got are super cute! :)

B.E.A.L. said...

oh I was waiting for this post! He looked so cute and I love his backpack and lunchbox!

Glad he did so great....I am sure he will have a great year and how fun is it that Reid is right next door!

Holly said...

Cole looked so adorable!!! I have never even heard of MDO programs out here! Sounds great though! Enjoy your free time during the week ;)

Amanda said...

Too cute.. I think your pictures are GREAT!

kiki said...

Pictures look great, I wish my GOOD photo days came out like that lol :) Love his backpack and lunch tote, so cute.

Devyn said...

Aww Katie Cole is soo adorable! I love his Polo shirt and the matching back pack/lunch box combo. Your pictures are awesome!

Sarah said...

Be still my heart! He looked so, so cute on his first day...complete with camo accessories!! I'm glad it went so well for Mr. Man Cole.

PS - your literate pumpkins are precious.

Kim said...

OMG! I think you got wonderful pictures! Cole is a cute little stinker why wouldn't every picture be adorable. Preston still wants to be held in the morning going into school and enjoys being passed off to the teacher to wave to me. Who knows why? And he is almost four. I just love Cole and his backpack. He is soooooo beyond adorable!

Tiffany said...

How stinkin' cute is Cole on his 1st day of school!! He looks so grown up with his backpack & lunch!!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

He is SO cute!! Love his little backpack. I'm so glad it went well!! :)

Melissa Swartley said...

Oh my gosh! He is just so cute! I love the backpack and lunchbox! His outfit is adorable too! I'm glad to hear he had a great 1st day of school!!! Yay Cole!!!

Greene Family said...

Yay for a great first day of school! Cole looked so adorable with his backpack - great photos!