Nov 19, 2009

blog slacker!

I have been in a total blog slump! Man! Do you ever have weeks months like that? I’m going to try and get back on track. We are taking you back to Halloween!

Halloween was so much fun this year. Cole is really starting to “get it” and he even let me dress him up in the most ridiculous furry costume ever! He got a lot of use out of it too! He wore it to school one day, then to a birthday party for his friend Madeline, trick or treating and to a Halloween party at our neighbor’s house that night. By the end of the week I was so sick of his Dalmatian puppy dog costume and I’m sure he was too. He was a good sport though.IMG_2081  

Honey and Riley even got in on the costume fun! Honey was a bumble bee and Riley was a skunk. Thanks Michelle for the costumes! They weren’t too thrilled to be dressed up so it was only for a few minutes. Brooks was the biggest shocker of the night. He ran out at 5:30 the evening of Halloween and braved the store lines for this….

IMG_2086 Yep! My husband was a nerd for Halloween, complete with a pocket protector and bowtie.

IMG_2092I played it safe as an angel. I mean, it really wasn’t such a stretch for me. None of our costumes really go together so next year I will make it a priority for us to be something “4” people can all be together!

IMG_2117IMG_2097  Cole liked trick or treating, but what he really loved was….passing out the candy to the kids. I mean once in a while it would be 1 for your bucket and 2 for mine. He sat so patiently on our steps and waiting for the kids to come by. He would hand each of them one piece of candy and wave goodbye. As they would leave he would hold up another piece and ask “more?” We had so many trick or treaters that we ran out of candy and had to go borrow some from my neighbor! Thanks Tamra for letting us raid your candy bowl!

IMG_2126 Cole’s favorite treat of the night? A bus and an airplane from our sweet neighbors! Boy, was he excited! He could care less about the candy since he didn’t really know what was inside of the wrappers, but this he knew! He was over the moon and carried the airplane to the party we went to that night!

IMG_2139

10 sweet comments:

Caden and Mommy said...

Cute costumes! and so cute that Cole sat on the porch and waited for kids to come trick o' treat :0)

Mandy said...

What great costumes! Andrea was sick with H1N1 this Halloween so we stayed in to pass out candy as well. I seemed to have liked it better than freezing going door to door.

Michelle said...

Just came across your blog, what a sweet little dalmatian you have. That costume is way too cute! Looks & sounds like a fun Halloween.

B.E.A.L. said...

I love yall's costumes and souds like you guys had a super fun Halloween!

Melisa said...

Cole made just the cutest little dalmation ever! What a great Halloween he had.

Greene Family said...

Cute costumes and yay for Cole wearing his costume so much this year! It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun celebrating Halloween! How cute that Cole loved sitting on your steps to pass out candy to the kids (love the 1 for you, 2 for me)! Love his bus and airplane treats from your neighbor!

Leong Family's said...

What a cute family with all the cute customes!! Look like you all have so much fun on Halloween!! Your hubby look funny too. And of coz, the winner goes to Cole. He is such a cute little dalmation.

Melissa Swartley said...

Great costumes! Looks like you all had a blast! Hahaha! Brookes has me cracking up with his nerd costume! The pants are hysterical! That's just too funny! Love your angel costume! The dogs were really cute, but Cole totally wins the cute contest! What a lucky duck! How cool is it that he got some fun toys!

Kim said...

Oh the three of you look adorable. Brooks is such a great sport and you were a beautiful angel. Now on to my little man Cole. Cole Cole Cole! What am I going to do? I am going to have to fly to Texas next summer after your new sibling is born to visit you and kiss that adorable face in person. He was hands down the most adorable dalmation I have ever seen!

Hall Family said...

I can relate to being behind on the blogs. I am finally getting around to commenting on everyone's posts. So, Cole is seriously adorable in his dog outfit. I just want to eat him up! So glad that he enjoyed giving out candy. He is getting to a really fun age!