Dec 15, 2009

Christmas at the Johnson house

This is my FAVORITE time of year! The music, the decorations and the gifts! I just love it all. Now that Cole is getting older and understanding it a little more it is getting even better! If only being sick wouldn’t get in the way we would be much better. I think I am getting sick along with having morning sickness…yuck! Here are some of our Christmas decorations. Next year I am planning on having 2 trees up! I can’t wait! Oh, and maybe one for Cole’s room all decked out in a sports theme!!

 IMG_2406 Cole had a GREAT time helping decorate the tree this year. He couldn’t quite figure out how to put the ornaments on the tree so he would hand me one at a time so I could put them on. He was such a big helper! I loved it!! IMG_2410IMG_2409Daddies only job was putting the star on the top of the tree. He’s not much into decorating. IMG_2474 IMG_2442 IMG_2445 IMG_2448 IMG_2465 IMG_2469 IMG_2475IMG_2470

We grew up with Rhonda and Randy the Hallmark reindeers and they were always my favorite decorations to put up. My mom wouldn’t let me take hers, but she found some of my very own last year. Here they are! I think they are so cute!IMG_2512  Last year in bloggyland I got the idea to hand my Christmas cards on my kitchen cabinets! I just love it! You can see each one! Pretty soon my whole kitchen might be covered in them, but it is so festive. I almost have 4 cabinets full now! I decided to bling out my clothespins with some Martha Stewart glitter! Oh, I love that stuff!!

IMG_2542 IMG_2546

Since these pictures were taken I have added some more decorations, but no photos were taken. Just imagine lots of faux snow…cranberries and blinged out pinecones! I just love Christmas! Would it be so bad if I left it all up year round??

13 sweet comments:

Lucia Diaz said...

I love the decor...your tree came out so cute.

Erin said...

Your home is beautiful and I love all the decorations! Hope you get to feeling better soon...at least you know it is all for a good cause. :-)

The Ripley's said...

Gorgeous!!

Andrea said...

I want to move to your house. It all looks like it jumped out of a magazine!!

the rodriguez crew said...

gorgeous!! everything looks so inviting. your dining table steals the show! faves include (but not limited to) :) ... little wreaths on the backs of your chairs (so creative!), the blinged up clothespins (totally need to copy that next year), and well that sweet little guy helping with the ornaments ever so intently. I am pretty much making myself sick on christmas music so that I can't say I didn't listen to it enough!!

and p.s. I can't believe you have FOUR cabinets full already. OMG! mine is a comin' if the stamps would get here!!

Holly said...

So pretty & festive! I just LOVE the 4th stocking hanging up...it's too sweet! We have 2 trees up this year; a formal one and then Landon's! Maybe if I get an ounce of motivation I will post some pics! haha!

kiki said...

gorgeous! love the little wreaths on your chairs and the Christmas cards on kitchen cabinets. (gotta steal this idea ... hehe). Hope you feel better soon too, Katie.

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

So cute! Lovin it all girlie! I may have to steal your christmas card display idea next year. This year I made a big bow and put it on the wall in the kitchen and have been attaching cards to the two streamers that hang down from the bow. It is a good idea in 'theory' but I did not accomplish it well...LOL, definately needs some oomph

Caden and Mommy said...

I am partial to the card on the top left :0) Cute pictures! I remember those reindeer and think I use to have a set as a little girl ... very nice that Cole actually helped decorate the tree ... Caden thought it was more fun to huck the ornaments into the tree! I love the stockings above the fireplace ... I cant wait to see what name will appear on the stocking next year :0)

jenn said...

Beautiful!!! It looks wonderful!

Melissa Swartley said...

Looks like Cole was a fantastic sweet little decorator helper! Katie your decorations are gorgeous! I love the idea of hanging Christmas cards on the kitchen cabinets! I might have to steal that idea! Beautiful blinged clothes pins too!

Sarah said...

I loooove your darling decor! And your tree is beautiful. You always make everything look just perfect...you may just end up at my house after I put your creative juices to work!! :)

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Your decorations are gorgeous!! I love your tree and the JOY letters.