Dec 3, 2009

It’s a baby and not a blob!

Wow! It actually looks like a baby and makes this feel real. The last “picture” we had taken of the little nugget was at 6 weeks and it didn’t look like much. We went in for a check-up yesterday and ended up having a quick ultrasound to get some exact measurements. As soon as the baby was on the screen I got excited. It feels real now. Up until now I just felt like I had been hung over for the past 6 weeks, but now I know it’s all for a reason. This little “it” inside of me! We got to hear the heartbeat and it was at 168 beats per minute. I still think we are crazy for adding another member to our family since it took us 2 years to get Cole figured out! haha and even now I’m not so sure we have done that.

babyJ

I told Cole last night that there was a baby in my belly. He looked at me with a face and said “baby?” I said yup! You are going to have a brother or a sister. He then lifted up my shirt and started to lick my stomach. Umm…ok!? As long as he is excited. In all truth, I don’t think he gets it at all! I have a few BIG things coming up and I would appreciate all the extra thoughts and prayers. I would rather not talk about it yet, but I will when the time is right.

18 sweet comments:

Holly said...

Aww, baby #2 looks absolutely adorable! It makes every bit of sickness totally worth it! I am sending tons of thoughts, prayers, and hugs to the entire Johnson fam :)

kinsey said...

so sweet. will definitely have yall in my prayers.

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful baby! Can't wait to meet him/her! You and your family are always in my prayers. All the bloggers are special to me!

the nelson family said...

will definitely be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Kim said...

I am so behind on blogging, but you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything is a-ok. Baby looks great! WOW! And Cole in the picture with those glasses? Almost too much to take! Your Christmas card is GORGEOUS! Like I said again you are in my thoughts! Hugs!

Alex said...

I am SOOOOO happy for you! And of course you are in my thoughts, everything will be fine. Always feel free to email/text/call me if you need to talk or anything. I really feel like we are family...after all you know I would love for Cole to be my son in law one day! LOL!!

Jaime said...

We'll definitely be keeping you in our thoughts, today and throughout the remainder of your pregnancy. Sending hugs!

Anthea said...

I don't know where I have been for the last month or so....ok...I do... and it has not involved being on the computer much.

Just wanted to say congratulations on number 2. I hope you are feeling better soon. I seriously recommend the sea sick bands.....they were what stopped me from being admitted to hospital for dehydration with Tori. (Some say it is all a placebo effect....I say "who cares - it worked!"

Love you halloween pics - you all looked great. Hope all is well.
Hugs to you all.

The Leonard Four said...

hi friend...this cutie pic just gave me a lump in my throat! what a precious little nugget! i'm so happy to see your sweet baby!

and of course...all my good thoughts, prayers, and big fat hugs are coming your way! call me if you need to chat though! xo.

Tiffany said...

such sweetness to see your precious lil' one, isn't it?!?! my thoughts & prayers are with you :)

hope you are feeling better!

Greene Family said...

So sweet - beautiful baby!! The four of you are in our thoughts and prayers! Sending hugs! If you ever need to talk, let me know!

Devyn said...

Katie, I am so happy for your #2! That's a great heart rate too! Chloe's was around 168 at that age. :) Chloe and I are wishing you a very healthy and happy pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

Katie,

The baby is a cutie! You're always in my prayers. Everything will be fine and Cole is so handsome in those glasses.

Love, Tonya :)

Melissa Swartley said...

Yay! What a great ultrasound pic! Super duper cute! I can't wait to see newborn pics! I hope everything is ok! You are all in our prayers and thoughts! :)

Mattilyn Paige said...

Seeing this pic *almost* made me want another one!! Does that baby know how lucky SHE is (I'm predicting here...) to have you, Cole and Brooks?? I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Moore Family said...

Thoughts and prayers are headed your way!

Melisa said...

Wow! Almost over that 1st trimester. I will continue to pray that all goes well the rest of your pregnancy.

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

So cute!! I love what Cole said/did, too. :)