Dec 20, 2009

pop my top!

I found this little gift idea on a blog one day and thought it was too cute to pass up! I used it for my son’s teachers at school. Well, mother’s day out, but they still put up with 12 – 2 year olds twice a week! I filled it with Hershey kisses and gift cards to Target!

 IMG_2547IMG_2551 IMG_2550

All you do is take a can that has a “pop top” and empty {or eat} the contents. Open the can from the bottom, but make sure to leave it attached so that it is easier to glue back together.  Next, clean it out nice and good. You don’t want your candy or gift smelling like chili do you? Then, you just remove the outside wrapper and decorate! Attach some ribbons to the pop top and a little note letting the recipient know what to do and fill with anything you want. Gift cards fit perfectly along with some yummy candy and you have a gift any teacher or person would love to have. Just hot glue the bottom of the can closed to keep it all in! These could be done anytime of year, not just the holidays!

11 sweet comments:

Holly said...

Katie this is the cutest idea!! I am totally going to use this idea to wrap up gift cards this year!! How do you find the time to make all this adorable stuff?!!!

Melissa Swartley said...

So cute!!! I love this idea! Thanks for sharing!!!

the rodriguez crew said...

LOVE IT!!! Totally doing this next year!! Thanks for the tip, I hadn't seen this before {what? what?!} :)

kiki said...

what a great idea! I'll use this on Valentine's. thanks for sharing Katie.

Greene Family said...

Very cute!! Thanks for sharing! I was looking for something fun to do with a gift card the other day - this will be perfect!

Jen Weisser said...

What a great idea!! I'll have to start saving cans! & Perfect for teacher gifts!

Destini said...

Super cute!

Lisa said...

Very cute!

B.E.A.L. said...

that is such a great idea and super cute. I might just need to use this one!

Kim said...

What a really cute idea! You are so super creative. I used gift bags! LOL! Ok so I am WAYYYYY behind on blogging but wanted to let you know that your home looks absolutely beautiful for the holidays and Cole is a little patoot hanging up his ornaments. You really have a creative knack Katie-you should write a book-easy crafts for the busy mom! You are awesome. Merry Christmas!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

What a cute idea...thanks for sharing!! :)