Jan 18, 2010

walk a mile in OUR shoes

This kid has an obsession with shoes…but not his own….OURS!

The other day Brooks and I were getting ready in the bathroom and doing our normal every day bickering at each other when all of a sudden this walks past us…

IMG_3243IMG_3246 I’m pretty sure we stopped mid sentence and busted out laughing. It was hilarious! He was clomping through the bathroom in my leopard flats and loving every second. This kid loves to wear our shoes…especially the girly ones! I’m sure there were a pair of the exact same shoe only in plain old brown sitting right next to them, but which ones do Cole decide to wear? Oh, yes his dad definitely made him remove those shoes asap!

IMG_3226 Then there are my Uggs. Hmmm….Cole they are longer than your entire leg, but that sure doesn’t stop him. He loves to wear them. Yes, he does this completely on his own without any prompting from us.IMG_3298 We had some friends in town for a few days over the holidays and Cole found Dave’s size 13 shoe lying around and decided he would give those ones a shot…

IMG_3082  IMG_3083IMG_3091

18 sweet comments:

Always be my hero said...

Owh...he was cute!!Even me laughing when look at him in those shoes. He is adorable..

Karolyn said...

Cole is just too cute! And he is so talented to be able to walk in those huge boots/shoes! I think my fav was the diaper pic :) What will he do next?!?!?

The Leonard Four said...

LOVE IT! and that grin is too much! what a stud!

Jennjilla said...

Coley Poley, you are too much little man! Good job, momma, grabbing the camera and taking those pictures! Those are totally wedding slideshow material!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! This is just too cute!! I just love him! :)


Tonya

B.E.A.L. said...

these pics are AWESOME...what a kid...he is too cute and funny.

I just wanna squeeze his legs...

Alex said...

What a cutie!! Love the pics!! The first one is a great one to show to his first date...oh wait that will be Anaïs! LOL!!!

The Book of Renee and Ryan said...

So cute!! But, I must issue a warning: please be careful with him in those shoes! I broke my nose when I was little by wearing my mom's tennis shoes and tripping into the brick fire place!!

Devyn said...

Hysterical!

Destini said...

Great pictures! John would NEVER let me post pictures of Trace...and tell Cole, it's okay, Trace likes to wear my heels!

Katie and Justin Cox said...

The man's got taste!! Good taste! And GREAT legs... oh I love chunky little boy legs!! I've got a pair at my house too! Love this post, Katie!!

Holly said...

I love it!! Too too cute!!!

Melissa Swartley said...

Love this! Wow, those 13's are eating him up! Too cute! Sonya is so shoe obsessed right now too! She is always trying on mine and her sisters! A few weeks ago she discovered the girls dress up chest full of dress up shoes too! I can't wait to see her trying on everyone's flip flops come summer! LOL!

sharon said...

Just so cute:) fern is the same everytime we go to my sister in laws the first thing she does is go to the shoe rack take hers off and put on her stiletto heeled boots that are waist high:)))

Greene Family said...

So very cute! Cole looks so happy and proud in all of those shoes! Simon loves wearing everyone else's shoes too! When he walks around in Jason's tennis shoes, he has to stop every few steps and kind of regain his balance since they are so big on him, but he thinks it's hysterical to walk around in them!

Laura Wolf said...

OMG!! Those are some cute pics. Nate also loves shoes and has to try everyones on. My husband is a size 13 and it is so funny watching him try to maneuver in them. For pete sake Nate is about a size 13 shoe!! Our kids, lol!!

sanjeet said...

Even me laughing when look at him in those shoes. He is adorable..

Work from home India

Caden and Mommy said...

For sadness ... I'm so behind in blog land! I love Cole walking around in the big shoes :0) Caden just came clunking and tumbling into the kitchen last night with Dan's slippers ... quite funny!
I am glad things are going well with the pregnancy! The Ice place looks like lots of fun! and Dr. Suess, what a cute theme!
Cole is adorable as always! Love him on the swing and in the laundry basket!