Feb 12, 2010

making history!

I’m sure you East Coasters out there are laughing at us right about now, but this is a record for Dallas!! We NEVER get snow like this. Yesterday it snowed for about 24 hours straight and was beautiful!  I can say that because the roads were still open and we could leave our house. This is what we woke up to this morning and I can’t wait to get out in it…now, Cole probably has other plans that don’t involve touching this stuff. IMG_3540 IMG_3542 IMG_3545 From one of the spots in our front lawn I got a 6” reading, but they are saying some parts got up to 10.5”’s!! I’m going to enjoy this because I don’t know when it will happen again. I”m hoping for another post today with pictures of us playing in the snow…but we will see what Cole thinks!IMG_3551IMG_3553

11 sweet comments:

Holly said...

oh wow! it's gorgeous!!! don't you just love random days this these?! i loved the snow we got a couple weeks ago, i wish it would come back. have fun with your boys :)

Becky said...

love it!! Isn't it gorgeous?!?! I also went out and took a measuring tape picture too! Great minds! ;)

Karolyn said...

Wow!! That's awesome! And very beautiful. Hopefully Cole will cooperate and go outside for some snow play! We are under a winter weather warning all day here, supposed to get a few inches of snow. Don't see any yet!
Enjoy all of your snow before it's gone!!

Destini said...

Novelty snow, how cute! We are done with it here in the great frozen east! Actually we got off lucky these last couple storms and only have about 18 inches of the white stuff outside on our side of the mountains! Hope Cole let you play!

the rodriguez crew said...

incredible!! so so jealous!!!

Jaime said...

Looks like fun! Caty would have a blast in that! Enjoy it for us Californians! :-)

Melisa said...

Beautiful snow there Katie! Yep, we have to travel for our snow.

Melissa Swartley said...

Yep... I'm with Destiny... so done after 3 feet of the pretty white stuff all over the place! I don't mind it so much now that my van is dug out and the walkway is all clear! The girls had a blast in it though! Hope Cole enjoys it too!!!

Greene Family said...

Beautiful! I hope Cole had fun playing in the snow! Simon loves it! We are supposed to get a little more today, but after the last week and a half, I'm ready for spring. :)

Kim said...

It's so amazing that you guys got sonw. I love looking at snow pictures, although I am really done with snow for the season. No more shoveling! Did Cole like it at all? The house looks gorgeous.

Sarah said...

Great pics, Katie. Pretty crazy that you guys got all that snow. We are used to that in Michigan, but this year, you almost beat us :) If it weren't for our last storm..It looks a lot prettier there though then it does here when it snows :)