Mar 23, 2010

a day at the arboretum

Some of my neighbors and I decided to pack up the kiddos and head to the Dallas Arboretum for Tiny Tot Tuesday. We had never been so I was excited to see it! Cole, of course, was in his typical 2 year old mood and didn’t want me taking pictures of him. We are going through a “phase” that I sure hope ends soon because I am at the end of my rope with him. It’s a good thing he is cute is all I will say….

IMG_4205

The boys were happy to see each other. Funny enough Cole was dressed matching the Hahn twins so they looked like triplets that day ;) Well, besides the blonde hair…oh, and the blue eyes…you get it ;) We tried to get a group picture of all the kids before Carsen had to leave, but you know how that one goes….this was the best attempt and Carsen wasn’t even there anymore.IMG_4334 IMG_4211Here is my happy boy just ready for mama to take his picture…NOT!! IMG_4219Luckily, they had a really fun little petting zoo that Cole was beyond thrilled with! They had little goats, a sheep, chicken and a miniature pony! This kept his interest for quite awhile until it was time for him to leave and let the other kids in line get a turn. He could have spent a lot longer petting the goats and brushing their hair.IMG_4240 Here is Miss Landry! At least somebody let me take a picture of them! Isn’t she cute??

IMG_4283 copy  Cole thought so too ;) They were hanging out in the wagon when I asked him to give her a hug. Oh, he was more than eager to give her a hug and a little extra. You better be careful mister kissing all these beautiful ladies…you might get a reputation!!

IMG_4317 texture

   The twins rented a super fun wagon to take around and Cole just loved to ride in it…the only smile I could squeeze out of him.

IMG_4306copy copy IMG_4298 copy   Me and my “sweet” boy! The sweet has been a very big subject in our household lately. We have hit the terrible 2’s BIG TIME! I have to just keep saying “This too shall pass.”

13 sweet comments:

Holly said...

OH MY! That kissing picture is SOOO sweet!!! LOVE IT! I can't wait to see him next week :)

Jenn said...

So cute! Wish we had an Arboretum here!

Alex said...

Awww that picture of them kissing is so precious!!

Kelly Walker said...

These are so good! I wish I could have bailed on work today and come along. It was so beautiful. Next time...Reese will have her 2 new front teeth soon I hope and will need some new pics!

Destini said...

How sweet! Plus I'm super jealous of the summer clothes! Hate to break it to ya - but the terrible twos continue until about 5 - at least Cole is super cute!

Laura Wolf said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Cole really likes the ladies. What a sweet boy!

Anthea said...

Tori is just the same as Cole when it comes to getting her pic taken, she just runs the other way....grrrr. Cole is just adorable though and even though you say the only smile you got out of him is in the wagon....I reckon he is smiling just beautifully in the one with you....wonder who loves his Mommy?

Kim said...

I love that kissing picture. I really think you should submit it to a magazine. It's the fact Cole is smiling with his eyes wide open too! Cracks me up!
Love the pic of the two of you together. So sweet. Oh and the terrible twos turn into the inquisitive threes and the opinionated and snotty fours. So get ready!
Glad you guys had such a good time and loved Cole's outfit!

Caden and Mommy said...

I hear you on the hard to love 'em. I am so tired of "debating" everything with Caden! I miss my sweet boy who would smile away at the camera. Its a good thing they are cute!!!
What a fun adventure! I love all of the kids in their Spring outfits!

Bethany said...

So fun! And OMG that little girl is precious!

Greene Family said...

How fun and what a beautiful day! The picture of Cole kissing Miss Landry . . . oh my that is super cute! Love the picture of the two of you too!
Love it . . . good thing he's so cute! :) I find myself telling Simon that lately!

Melissa Swartley said...

Don't you just love the "don't take a picture of me!" phase?! Sigh... it doesn't last too long... he'll be hamming it up again soon! You did manage to get some beautiful pictures anyhow! Glad they all had fun!

Sarah said...

What darling spring pics of Cole! :)

I am already looking forward to spring day trips when Patrick gets older. Maybe he and Cole can meet sometime - they need to become buddies.

PS - I love your precious number two's name.