May 31, 2010

a day at the track

On Sunday, we spent the day out at the horse races with a group of 9 friends. Cole was so excited to spend the afternoon over at his friend, Carsen’s house. Since, we use the same sitter we just had her watch the boys together so they could play. He told me how much fun he had with Carsen. I know he missed me because I got the BIGGEST hello from him and he didn’t leave my side when we got home. Cole and I even fell asleep cuddling on the couch that night {which never happens}. Makes spending the day apart so worth it because he appreciated me that night. I sure soaked up my time with him realizing this is going to be one of our last moments with him as an only child.

Last year we did the same trip, but had a suite since we didn’t plan it last minute and had a large enough group. We still had a great time despite the fact that I didn’t win a single dollar…yes, that’s right…I didn’t cash a single ticket in!! Booo! Luckily my husband was much luckier in this department. We reserved a table inside at the restaurant so that we had air conditioning because it was a hot, muggy day in Texas and this mama was not about to sit in the grandstands! I had a few employees offer to deliver my baby that afternoon since they didn’t believe me that I had a few weeks to go. I guess I’m getting giant!!!IMG_6067 IMG_6062

We have had a great memorial weekend and are now ready for a vacation from a vacation! From Wicked to Sex and the City 2 to BBQ’s and the races I think I have squeezed as much as possible into a long weekend. I can now sit back and wait for Blake to arrive!

IMG_6008 Brooks and I before we headed out to see Wicked! Just had to throw this picture in since it was the only one I took AND how can this be the ONLY picture I have of B and I together pregnant this time around?

6 sweet comments:

Melissa Swartley said...

What a great time! Glad you had fun despite the muggy weather! That's killer for a pregnant mama! I think you look awesome! I can't believe your little one will be here in just a few weks! I hope you get some good resting up and extra cuddle time with Cole! So sweet! Great pics!

Melisa said...

You look fantastic! Just a few more weeks. Hang in there mama!

Poefam said...

Such a fun weekend! :) You're almost there! I had a lady tell me that I looked like I was about to pop at the grocery store the other day! Don't people realize that hearing that is NOT a complimet!? ;) Anyway, can't wait to meet Nash's new little buddy!

Kim said...

What a fun weekend! I think the picture of you two before Wicked is so cute. Love your dress and the color of it. You do pregnancy proud mama! Cannot wait to see Blake in a few weeks!

Yates Family said...

How fun!!!! Glad y'all got to get away and have fun!!! Good to know Cole had fun too!!! Hehehe

Greene Family said...

It sounds like you guys had a great weekend! You look fantastic, and I love your dresses! Can't wait to see pictures of Baby Blake soon!!