May 16, 2010

showered with love

I was completely surprised and taken back when my neighborhood girls threw me a surprise baby shower for Blake!! I wasn’t expecting anything since they threw me a huge couples shower just a few years ago when we were pregnant with Cole. I was beyond touched that they would do this for me. I am so blessed to live in a neighborhood where we love each other so much and do so much together. Yes, we may be a little “wisteria lane” at times, but I wouldn’t have it any other way!! It keeps life fun ;)

My neighbor and really close friend, Amanda, hosted the shower at her house and it was nothing short of amazing! She totally out did herself with the super cute decorations! It was sock monkey themed…so cute!! I even found out later that my hubby was in on it and never spilled the beans to me. The food was super yummy too! Kylie was in charge  on the grill…who needs a man to bbq when you have her around!? Super yummy!!! IMG_2272IMG_2283 IMG_6472  IMG_2294IMG_2292 IMG_2299  IMG_6469copyIMG_2303 Brooks and Cole stopped by before Cole’s bedtime to check out the shower. Unfortunately I couldn’t get a smile out of my boy and he really didn’t want to leave, but I was glad to be able to kiss him good night and have him there with me for a few minutes.

Thank you SO much girls!! You all mean so much to me!!!

9 sweet comments:

Alex said...

How sweet of them! It looked like such a cute shower! You are very lucky to have friends like that. ;)

the rodriguez crew said...

k-jo! you look absolutely gorgeous & glowing! that shower was ADORABLE, oh my word. the sock monkeys in the little lantern thingys is SO cute!

Holly said...

what a fabulous shower!!! you are glowing, mama!!

Jennjilla said...

OMGoodness - you are super cute!! Looks like y'all had a great time. What sweet friends you have! I wish I had normal neighbors!

Erin said...

That's awesome...you look great!

Melisa said...

What awesome neighbors you have. Sock monkey theme is totally cute! You look beautiful!!!

Emily said...

What sweet friends! Blake is going to be very loved!

Jen Weisser said...

What great friends!! You look fabulous!!

Greene Family said...

So sweet - you have great friends! What an adorable shower theme! Blake is already one very loved little boy! You look beautiful!