Jun 25, 2010

adjusting to 2…

We are all settling down into a new routine around the Johnson household. It seems having baby #2 has been surprisingly much easier than the first time around. We recently bought the infamous Nap Nanny and Blake seems to be loving it…as does his mama and daddy!! We got lots of sleep last night!! I hope I’m not jinxing myself for tonight so just in case…knock on wood. I have no problem waking up every 4 hours to feed the little guy when he falls right back to sleep without a problem.IMG_6529 copyIMG_6486 Cole’s life has moved on without any interruption. I think he’s really missing his friends though because every time we have a kiddo visit he tackles them with “love.” One day Cole will have his built in best friend to run, jump and boss around all he wants!

IMG_6504copyWe celebrated Brooks’ first father’s day as a daddy of 2!! I “surprised” him with a new Tag Heuer watch!! It is also a 30th birthday gift {August 15}. I put surprise in quotes because as sneaky as I tried to be he found out. Oh, well…at least he loves the watch!!IMG_6242 copy  As far as me…I’m loving life as a mom of 2 boys!! I really can’t complain about much. I have the best friends and neighbors a girl could ask for. We have people signed up to bring us dinner 3 days a week {m,w,f} for the next MONTH!! So truly blessed to be able to focus on being a mom.IMG_6247  IMG_6215

10 sweet comments:

Marissa said...

what a sweet family :) They are going to be best buds before long!!'

Lindsey said...

What cuties!! Glad this second time around seems a bit easier so far! Hope it stays that way for you! Have a great weekend!

Destini said...

SO glad things are going smoothly for you and your two gorgeous boys!

Jennifer said...

Katie you are a lucky girl! Three beautiful boys to share your life!Congratulations and enjoy every minute. My babies are 32 and 29. It goes way too fast.

Tiffany said...

Two boys are the best number to have! You look so good and little Blake is just so precious!

Melisa said...

I can't believe how awesome you look! I can say that I recovered and adjusted quicker after my second too....even considering it was my 2nd C section with Aidan and given his diagnosis right after birth.

Yates Family said...

Gah!! Your boys are sooo cute!! I can't get enough of them! Aiden misses Cole- we were looking through our photo album the other night and some were from KC this past year, when he saw Cole he yells out 'COLE!' Lol :) I need to take a day off and come visit you guys!!! :)

Kim said...

You look GREAT! Seriously! And how awesome are your neighbors? Love them! Think I can send them to VA to have them help me paint my house if I supply food and beverages?
I just love Blake. But please let Cole know I still need to love on him. He's the cutest thing in the world too. Glad you are adjusting mommy!

Sarah said...

I love your little family of four! SO excited for you. You are looking wonderful, Mama! What fun pics of the boys with you all...

Amanda said...

Hi! I just found your blog through another blog I read and your little family is adorable! I have a 2 year old boy and a 2 month old boy. We bought the Nap Nanny too but we've put in an infant head support thing in it so that they don't fall to the side like that as much. Ours is kind of like this one. (the head rest part detaches and we just use it.)
http://www.target.com/s/175-5393480-2146106?_encoding=UTF8&CPNG=Baby&LID=14005918&search-alias=tgt-index&keywords=snuzzler_kiddopotamus&ref=tgt_adv_XSGT0716&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&AFID=Google&searchPage=1&LNM=snuzzler_kiddopotamus

Anyway, just wanted to share since its been working for us! :)