Jun 21, 2010

the day we met

We decided to be induced on June 15th, 2010. The day we would finally meet our precious baby boy. I was full of anticipation not knowing what kind of delivery I would have. With Cole, it was a FULL day of labor…lots of pushing…tons of emotions afterwards…and a hard recovery. All we wanted was smooth and easy. This was my last picture taken at 4:30am on the way to the hospital.IMG_6116  IMG_6120

Five I.V. attempts later, they finally got my pitocin and fluids going. We were on our way. They came in around 10 to give me my epidural and break my water. After, I was feeling good {aka nothing at all} I called my mom to bring Cole over to see me for a little bit. I was fully expecting the typical Cole hello which is him arms in the air yelling “mommy, mommy” over and over with big hugs. Well, as you can tell in the picture he wasn’t too sure about the situation at all. He would barely even look at me. It made me sad, but I completely understood. It was all very strange for him to see his mommy in a hospital bed hooked up to all sorts of things. Plus, given Cole’s track record with doctors and hospitals…he isn’t a big fan. IMG_6117 My nurse went to check me to make sure I was in adequate labor around 3ish and discovered I was at a 10!! OMG! They set up the room and waited for my doctor to arrive. Once she got there we chatted for about 30-40 minutes. They had me sit up to “let gravity take it’s course” so I wouldn’t have to push very much. I started to feel lots of pressure in my tummy and back and questioned my doctor if I should push my epideral button. She decided to check me first and was blown away since his head was right there. She called Brooks over to take a look and then proceeded to tell me not to cough..laugh or sneeze. She got dressed and waited for a contraction. I pushed for 10 seconds…took a breath and pushed again and out came the most beautiful site ever. Yes, that’s right…I only pushed for one contraction!!! With Cole I pushed for over an hour!! He came out screaming his little heart out. Music to my ears. At 4:10 pm Weighing in at 7lbs 3oz and 20 inches long {almost the same stats at his big brother}.

First picture with mommy and daddy. After 9 long months he was in my arms.   After they got us all cleaned up they wheeled me over to post partum where I got to see my big boy again!  This time he was a little more excited to me. He hopped up in bed with me while we ate our dinner together. We had to wait a little bit to get new baby brother from the nursery.IMG_6145

Our first family photo of all 4 of us. Cole wasn’t too sure about holding “Blate.”IMG_6161IMG_6138

My mom came into town for the week to help take care of Cole and to meet her newest grandson.IMG_6164

Since we were doing so well and we had him early enough in the day they let us go home after just 24 hours!! We had a few visitors pop over in the morning to meet the little guy. I didn’t get pictures with everyone, but I did snap a few. IMG_6174IMG_6177IMG_6178 After having a child you don’t think you could love anybody else quite the same, but I have to tell you that I am so completely and utterly in love with this little boy. I can’t wait to see how he changes and grows, but for now I’m going to enjoy having a newborn that is so itty bitty and fits so perfectly in my arms.

16 sweet comments:

Alex said...

Awww Katie...you're making me want a third child! lol
He is beautiful and the detailed story brought me to tears! Thank you for sharing this beautiful moment with us! Welcome to the crazy wonderful world of being a mom of 2!

The Porter Clan said...

well, Katie, I'm in tears...happy tears of course :) Congratulations again on such a beautiful baby boy.

Jennifer said...

Katie, you made me teary! That "mother love" thing is amazing isn't it? When I was pregnant for Anne I kept wanting a boy because I knew no other little girl could ever measure up to Catherine in my eyes! Then whammo. Anne was born and my first words were "Yay another girl. Just what I wanted!" And it was love at first sight and no looking back! Congratulations again. Blake is a beautiful baby. You and Brooks are so blessed with your two amazing boys!

Kristen said...

Congrats! he's so cute! and your braid is adorable!

Lara said...

It looks like it was a quick and easy process for you, yea!! I can't wait to meet the little guy. Mason had the 5th's disease and now I have a cold. Sucks!! Soon as I'm well I'll drop by. He is gorgous!!

Marissa said...

SO jealous of that delivery! Precious baby boy and big bro :) Like someone else wrote, you are making me want a third child too! Can't wait to see more baby pics!

the rodriguez crew said...

you will be so happy to read back on this someday... what a sweet (and FAST! omg!) birth story. 1 push? Are you kidding me!

You always look so put together and pretty in every photo, it kind of inspires me to put on some makeup from time to time?!? haha!

I love Blake's full name, and Cole's expressions KILL ME!!

Tiffany said...

such a great birth story! congrats on another beautiful boy! looking forward to keeping up with the johnson 4 now!!!

Kylie said...

Very well written...can't wait to get to know Blake better. BTW...your friend in the blue tank looks just like ALI.

Lucia Diaz said...

OMG Katie your family is so wonderful...I am so happy everything went as well as it did. You look great as always!!Cole a nd Blake are for sure going to be the cuttest little boys!

Holly said...

Congratulations Brooks & Katie! Blake is the perfect addition to your beautiful family. I love your birth story...so glad you had a great delivery! Aww, you are making me want a newborn again!! Much love to you...xoxo

Lisa said...

Awwww. Sooo sweet. Congratulations. What a wonderful family of four!

Amanda said...

Katie,
Just wanted to wish you congratulations on the new addition to your beautiful family! He is such a precious baby!!
Amanda
(http://rileyclaire.blogspot.com)

The Leonard Four said...

well, there's nothing i love more than a birth story! i had tears in my eyes reading this and i'm thrilled for your sweet fam of four! congratulations, friend! "blate" is just beautiful and i know that cole is already a rockstar big bro! :)

CMAK2 said...

congrats katie! he is beautiful!

Greene Family said...

Congratulations again!! Love your birth story and photos of your sweet little man! Yay for such an easy delivery! Blake is beautiful! Big Brother Cole is just adorable in those photos too! Having two boys is such a blast . . . enjoy every moment because time certainly seems to speed up with two! :)