Jun 22, 2010

you’ve stolen my heart

IMG_6451Blake is 1 week old today!! He’s becoming more alert and staying awake longer than 5 minutes now! He is such a little love and I don’t know how we ever managed without him. Cole is adjusting really well. He always finds me to let me know that “babies cwying.” It melts my heart when Cole will just randomly come up to Blake and give him a kiss on the head. He still doesn’t want to hold him, which is just fine by me. I would die if I walked into the room and found my almost three hold picking him up. Cole thinks it’s hysterical when Blake gets the hiccups. Today we sat together counting Blake’s toes and laughing over every hiccup. I seriously love my two boys so much. How did I get so lucky?

6 sweet comments:

Lindsey said...

How precious!! Congrats!! So sweet that Cole has taken on the role of big brother . . I can only imagine how it just melts your heart! =)

The Scott's said...

Congrats! Both of your boys are just as precious as can be!!!

Destini said...

Awwww! Adorable, both of them!

Alex said...

So precious! These are the best moments of our lives!

Kim said...

You are writing too fast for me to comment on all, so here I go. Your birth story was amazing. I had a c-section so it's amazing to here about vaginal births that go so smoothly. I absolutely die over all the expressions Cole has in every picture.
Second you need to cancel the professional session for Blake because you my dear are a professional. Those pictures are amazing and I thought when I saw them on Facebook they were professionally done. Amazing.
Third, Blake has stolen my heart too! One day we are coming to Texas. Can texas handle the cuteness of the three boys together. Glad you are feeling well oh wait-
Fourth, who looks that good at 4:30 am and after giving birth? Super mommy Katie!

Melissa Swartley said...

A week already! Yikes that was fast! So cute how Cole randomly kisses Blake's head! Too funny you mention the possibility of finding your three year old holding the baby... totally happened to me with Zoe and Akela. As I was walking into the family room Zoe realized she was caught (not that I looked at her upset like, just startled) and she tossed Akela onto the couch! I almost had a heart attack! We had a good talk about holding the baby only when mommy was in the room and helping! LOL! :)