Jul 6, 2010

come on in…

Cole’s big boy room is finally done!! The drapes are hung…the furniture has arrived and the bedding is washed! Cole just LOVES his new room! Good thing because little brother is going to be taking over the nursery soon….I have had so much fun decorating his new room. IMG_6831 We decided to go with a nautical theme for this new room, but it’s the same color scheme as Cole’s nursery was. IMG_6840


IMG_6830 IMG_6832IMG_6839I made this cork board to display some of Cole’s artwork that he makes at school! AND please don’t forget one of Cole’s favorite parts of the room…the bookcase!! He’s in heaven with all of these books to choose from every night before bedtime.IMG_6837 IMG_6843 IMG_6844 For my little Texan! A heart over the place he was born…Dallas!IMG_6850IMG_6847


ROOM DETAILS:


Bedding: Serena & Lily Furniture: Stanley Young America Bookshelf: PBKids Drapery: Custom made Paint: Benjamin Moore Blissful Blue & Icelandic Blue

25 sweet comments:

the rodriguez crew said...

mmkay, let's discuss this PHENOMENOL room, shall we? It's award-winning Katie! So crisp and clean, & just amazing! You have incredible taste! I'd also like to say that I have the Land of Nod suitcases ready for Jag's big boy room ... and planned on getting the Texas print too! AND have the same book unit for his new room too! Phew, that was a fun post ... I was ooh'ing and ahh'ing over each picture!! Cole must LOVE it!!

Holly said...

I'm pretty positive that Pottery Barn is going to be calling you any minute now asking you to be their new catalog designer! This room is amazing!!! I swear it looks just like a catalog!! Great job, can you come decorate my room next?! ;)

Melisa said...

Can you be my interior decorator? You are so talented!

Lucia Diaz said...

OMG I absolutely love Coles room…I loved his nursery when you did the baseball theme but this is just too cute. Great Job Katie…I think you have found another great talent and business to start.

Melissa Swartley said...

WAY TOO CUTE!!! Katie, you did an awesome job decorating his new room! I love the heart over Dallas! That's such a cool idea! You should be an interior decorator!

jenn said...

absolutely beautiful katie! the attention to detail is impeccable - just perfect! um, when i have babies will you make me a state with a heart on it. I LOVE that!!! Def start selling those on PDP!

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I love it all! You really are a fantastic decorator! Come fix my house next, k? :)

The Perkins Family said...

such a cute room! I'm planning to do horizontal stripes in my daughter's big girl room too...how many inches did you make each stripe? it looks perfect!!!

Anonymous said...

Where did you get his bedding? His room is amazing! Great job!

Kim said...

You are amazing. I was dying to see the final pictures and you did not disappoint! You really have a knack for decorating and I think you shuold think about interior design for nurseries and kids' rooms. Seriously! AMAZING!
Also let's discuss your latest blog entries since I have been away. I really need to come to Texas and love on Cole. He is just the cutest thing. Tonya Robinson and I were discussing how much we hope you come to the convention next year! Also love Cole eating his feet. So cute that he gives Blake kisses!

Marissa said...

that looks like a Pottery Barn magazine! So perfect, so sweet and LOVE the theme!!

Laurie said...

WOW! Love this room! Where did you get the Texas print? I want one! Great job.

Mattilyn Paige said...

Ok, I already said it...but I'll say it again....AMAZING job! His room is perfect! I love the details and decorations. You are so talented at so many things :)

Amanda said...

Everything turned out perfect! Look AWESOME!

The Leonard Four said...

AHdorable, friend! every detail is perfection! love it and i'm sure cole does too!

Greene Family said...

Cole's new room looks amazing!! You did an awesome job decorating! Love the heart over Dallas!

Brittany said...

I love this room. I'd like to feature it on my blog within the next month sometime. :) little-inspirations.blogspot.com. You did such a great job!

Stephanie said...

I just stumbled onto your blog via another site. Can you tell me where you found the curtains and the Texas print for Cole's room? I love them!!

ALi said...

this is an adorable room, just found you via 6th street design school. My boy has a surf nursery, so I might need to add some of these elements to his room.

Britty said...

I am bookmarking this bedroom for sure! I do have question for you - would you be willing to share where you got Cole's dresser and bed? We're expecting our third boy and I'm trying to find a cute dresser. I also wouldn't mind knowing where to get that bedding - to die for! Thank you in advance!

Kerri said...

I followed the link from 6th street. I love this room, and sweet Cole! I was surprised to see a familiar face on your blog.... I'm not sure if Brookes will remember me, but I grew up in Gladstone. Blessings to your beautiful family!

A Lived in Home said...

I'm a fellow Dallas girl and your newest follower. Cole's room is so adorable! There are so many great details that make the space. Great job! Come check me out and follow me back at www.alivedinhome.blogspot.com

InĂªs Pereira @Perfect-home said...

Congratulations for the love you have put into your boys bedroom. It is really adorable. I only have girls, but if I had a boy this would be a great inspiration.
What a beautiful family you have.
Ines
perfect-home.blogspot.com

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

This is just so stinkin' cute!!! I bet your little man just loves it! I just can't get over that darling bedding...I might just have to copy you on that one (c; Hopped over from Kirsten's blog and I'm sure I'll be back for more fantastic stuff!!

Ethan Smith said...

Buy and sell new and used modern, outdoor, office, bedroom and home furniture.
Choose from a great selection of gently used furniture for every room in your home.
More here furniture for sale