Aug 4, 2010

enough room for 2

I didn’t think it was possible to love another child as much as I love Cole, but then Blake entered my world and proved to me that I have enough love for two. I am so completely in love with both of my boys. I love that I can still rock my 3 year old in my arms and I cherish the times that we lie in his bed and sing. From the moment Cole was born I would sing “you are my sunshine.” Now, it is the first song he asks for at bedtime. He doesn’t care that I can’t carry a tune. He just loves that his mommy is holding him and singing to him. My heart just melts when when I hear the words “i love you mommy.” Now, I have two precious boys to sing to. Cole is just so loving with his baby brother. Never once has he had any jealousy. Last night I was rocking Blake and Cole came into the room and said “I sit with mommy and blake.” He jumped in my arms and we all 3 cuddled and rocked. I hope these moments never end. Blake is the most laid back little guy {until you make him wait too long for his bottle}. He is starting to coo and stare into my eyes. I have even caught a few smiles. I can’t explain a mother’s love for her child, but I am so blessed to be able to share it with two amazing little boys! One who wants nothing to do with my camera anymore….IMG_8450 copy                                                               “no more pictures mommy”

Sugar Cookies

….and one who is just now experiencing the “mamarazzi”. I’m sure soon enough I will be hearing those same words out of his mouth, but until then I will keep snapping away and capturing every sweet moment with my boys.

9 sweet comments:

Lindsey said...

your boys are absolutely precious!!! They will appreciate all the picture taking one day and enjoy looking back at them!! =)

The Scott's said...

your boys are as precious as can be!!! and "you are my sunshine" is a popular tune around our has as well (has been since i gave birth to my b'g twins almost 20 months ago)!

Melissa Swartley said...

Sweet post about two sweet and cute boys! Love this! Love "you are my sunshine"!

Erin said...

So sweet! You got a tear out of me on that one! Your boys are absoutely adorable!

Drew's Mom said...

Adorable!! You are a lucky Mommy =) and I love your new layout with the 3 men & a Lady.. super cute!

jenn said...

So touching...love hearing about your growing family. The boys are just adorable - you and Brooks are so lucky!

Marissa said...

your new design is SUPER cute! Those pictures are so cute, I love how your oldest does NOT want his picture taken-sounds like my oldest too! And your little ones eyes are SO gorgeous!

Jennifer said...

It's amazing isn't it? I NEVER thought I'd love another baby like I loved Cat and then along came Anne and voila, immediate and everlasting love for her too. And now I have everlasting, ever expanding love for my grands! Who knew?! PS. Those boys are so very, very precious. I'd love to meet them in person some day.

Greene Family said...

Very Sweet!! Your boys are just adorable! "You are my sunshine" is popular here too!