Aug 26, 2010

potty training 101

We have been potty training now for 11 days, 7 hours and 2 minutes now…but who’s counting?! Cole has been doing great! Especially for a guy that has sat on the potty off and on for the last 6 months without a single drop of pee pee in the potty. I was over the moon when he looked at me on day 1 and said “momma, I pee pee!!” I mean…Whoo hoo! We danced and sang and cheered all over the house. He got to dump the little potty into the big potty and flush it goodbye. Pretty sure this is one of his favorite parts and then the BEST part…a cookie!! He gets 1 mini oreo for pee pee and 2 mini oreo’s for poo poo. He is such a proud little guy. He does great when we are at home and naked. He almost always makes it to the potty in time. As soon as you throw on a pair of undies OR a pull up for bedtime/naptime or going bye bye that’s when we have some issues. It’s all part of the process and I knew Cole wasn’t going to be easy. It was an accomplishment just to get him to give up his beloved “Elmo diapers!” Here’s hoping we are fully potty trained before he heads back to school on the 8th!!

IMG_9744

8 sweet comments:

Caden and Mommy said...

JEALOUS!!! Way to go Cole :0)

Marissa said...

Yay COLE!!!

Jen Weisser said...

Good luck! Collin is starting potty training. I havent really started enforcing it all the time yet. I was thinking of starting real underwear soon!

Melisa said...

Great job Cole!

Kim said...

Can I offer some advice? I didn't use the bjorn. I went straight for the big potty with a potty ring. I was so afraid that he would then have to transition to the big potty. Each kid is different. It's such a hard thing. i am still working on staying dry with Pres at night. He never has accidents during the day, but at night he sleeps so soundly he is wet half of the time in the pull up. My goal is that this stops by five! LOL.

Jaime said...

Way to go Cole!!!

Destini said...

Awesome job Cole! Love those cute little legs! I'm with Kim, I went straight for the big potty with the reducer ring and a step stool. I also got the Peter Potty for Trace to pee in. If you set it on the floor without the stand, it is the perfect height.

Greene Family said...

Way to go, Cole!! Adorable picture! We started with this same potty, but it wasn't long before Simon wanted to sit on the big potty with a reducer ring.
Good luck with him being fully potty trained by the 8th! It's great when they are so proud of themselves!