Sep 23, 2010

3 months

{pictures taken on the 15th, letter written today}    

My sweet baby boy! You have been in our lives for the past three months, but it feels as if you have been with me always. I look forward to the moments you are awake so we can play and laugh together. You are THE sweetest baby! Such a happy boy.

IMG_4412

You gave us the best gift any parent could ask for…the gift of sleep! You sleep like a champ! You eat and then we play for about an hour or so together and then you are ready for a nap. This is the only time you start to get fussy. That’s my clue that you have had enough and it’s off to your bed for a little siesta. You always wake up so happy. Sometimes we will find you have rolled over onto your back {since you are a tummy sleeper} and you are just relaxing and looking around the room. Bedtime is great! You and your brother both go down around 8:30 and we are all up around 8 the next day! Well, we try and wake up a little earlier and you are just fine with that.IMG_4569Simple LightenYou have discovered how much you love your hands. Those little fingers must taste so yummy because they are constantly being sucked on. Now that Cole has started school we get a few days a week for just us. We run lots of errands together and you usually snooze on the go.Standing on your feet is one of your favorite things to do! We hold your little hands and you just stand and march your little legs. You are such a strong little guy! You also enjoy sitting when we hold your hands.IMG_4454SMILES! You are such a smiley boy! Just like your big brother!! Grins from ear to ear are how you spend most of your time. We have even caught a few giggles here and there. All I have to do is give you a smile and you just light up. IMG_4469I can seriously just kiss on every part of your body! Your itty toes are my favorite. Plus, you love it too!toes  You have made the transition from one baby to two such an easy one for me! I can’t imagine our family without you. Cole just adores you and I know the feeling is mutual.Simple Lighten2 Look how much you have changed over the past three months! I’m starting to see less of a newborn and more of a little baby. I just don’t want to blink because I’m afraid I’m going to miss something.comparison Oh, Blake I love you with all of my heart. You and your brother are the reason daddy and I breath. I can’t wait to see what the next month holds for us!

XOXO,

Mommy

9 sweet comments:

jenn said...

Oh my gosh the newest one of him in his chair is too cute for words! Love it!

Jennifer said...

He just gets cuter and cuter! He's growing so fast!

Caden and Mommy said...

My goodness ... he is getting SO big! It goes too fast :0(

Jaime said...

What a sweet post Katie! He's getting so big and just as cute as ever! It does go by way too fast!

Alex said...

This seriously brought tears to my eyes...nothing like the love a mom has for her kids!!!
He is so cute.

Kim said...

WOW! He is getting so big! He is just the cutest! Love this letter to him. You are truly blessed!

Aunt Jen said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I can see so much of Brooks in him at this age. It's like I was transported back to when I was a little girl and watching my baby brother! WOW! He is a doll, miss you all SOOO much!

Jen Weisser said...

Oh my goodness! he is such a lil cutie!!!

Greene Family said...

Such a sweet post! I can't believe how big he is getting! Love the pictures of him in his onesies each month on his chair - so cute!
I got behind on your blog in hurry . . . I know I scrolled by a 4 month old post . . . time is flying!