Sep 11, 2010

a visit with papa

My dad came for a visit a few weeks ago. He wasn’t able to come when Blake was born so he drove over 20 hours to come see us and to give us my mom’s old car. My poor husband was driving my car that I got for my high school graduation…10 years ago!! He’s such a good guy. I always get the new car to drive so that I’m safe with the boys. He is the next one to get a new fancy car, but we surely don’t need two car payments so my dad was so kind to give us a car. If you live in Texas in the summertime a little thing called air conditioning is a MUST and the air kept going in and out. We were putting more money into that old car than it was worth. I have to admit that I was a little sad driving away from my sweet little red car.  Ok, so back to my dad’s visit…IMG_1983 IMG_2044 copy2a little boy after his mama’s heart! Brooks was cleaning out my old car and found a disposable camera that said it expired in 2004!! Umm..wonder what incriminating photos were on there from college?! Well, Cole knew exactly what to do when we handed it over! I wonder where he gets that?? It can’t be because I take a million photos a day of him…Simple Lighten copy 3Notice the eye patch?! We patch this little guys “good eye” two hours every day…or most days when I remember :)   IMG_2004 copy 2IMG_1913IMG_1909 IMG_2080 copy 2

12 sweet comments:

Summer, Justin, Blake, and Sutton said...

I love these! Esp the b&w ones of Cole with your dad ... and the one of Blake ... so adorable!!!

Marissa said...

as I've said before, you take GREAT photos and those pictures are priceless...Love watching boys with their Daddy's and Grandpa's!

Sarah said...

Cole's smile is beautiful! You take such great photos of the kiddies. And Blake's 'faces' are precious!

Amanda said...

I remember that red car ;)How funny you still have it. My hubs had a black one just like it when we met...until last summer :) The AC went out on it! Ha!

and your dad is so nice... I remember how he played with Allie at Blakes baby shower. She still talks about his little dogs (that she was so scared of)!

Katie said...

Katie, I just love the pics yout take...you are very talented! What kind of camera do you have? If you could let me know, that would be great..my email is ckwestphal@hotmail.com Thanks!

Katie said...

P.S. I totally understand the car thing. My hubby drives the car I got after I graduated high school..it's still rockin' and rollin'...lol He's a sweetie and lets me drive the Yukon! He always teases me how he never gets to drive it, and we don't have kids yet, so he's truly being sweet, lol Saves so much $$ to not have 2 car payments!!a

Jaime said...

Always love Papa moments!!

Kim said...

So SWEET! I just love all the pics. I think you look like your daddy! it's so obvious that he adores his grandbabies! I just also love Cole. Can you post the incriminating pictures when you develop them? Developing film! Wow! We are dating ourselves.

Melissa Swartley said...

My hubby Ian is still driving around his college car too! Unfortunately it looks like we will both be replacing our cars together... ugh... dreaded car payments x's 2! So glad to hear that your dad gave Brooks your moms car! I love the pic of Cole taking pictures with the old disposable! It is so funny how quickly our kids pick up their mommy's good habits!!! :) Great pics of Cole with his grandpa too! I can't wait to hear what's on that roll when you develop it! Haha! :)

Greene Family said...

Very sweet!! Love the pictures, especially the black and white ones! You can tell your boys have a blast with their Papa!
We recently found some film from about 7 years ago, and I'm debating whether or not to try to get it developed. It's so funny how quickly our kids learn what to do with a camera! :) Simon loves to take pictures lately!
How nice of your dad to give Brooks your mom's old car! I couldn't imagine not having air conditioning in Texas . . . couldn't handle not having it in Maryland!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

These pictures are all SO sweet...what a great time! I can't remember if I've already commented about this, but you are such a great photographer!! I know in one post you mentioned how much you've learned since Cole was a baby and how different their pictures look b/c of it. I don't suppose you'd want to do a post with any tips or tricks you could share? :)

Caden and Mommy said...

What a fun visit for your Dad :0) ... Cole & Blake are adorable! I can't get enough of that achon belly and I love Cole's swim trunks, so cute!