Oct 18, 2010

4 months

Blakey-boo! We all love you so much! The joy you bring to our lives is insurmountable. Everyday brings something new with you. I think my favorite thing right now is your giggles! They are cute enough to bring tears to my eyes. The other night Cole ate a carrot at dinner and you just started cracking up! I mean…a carrot?! That’s how silly you are! You light up the room.IMG_8213  You are such a little slobber monster these days. Your favorite chew toy is your hand, but next to that you love to grab mommies finger and your butterfly toy. Cole will go find it for you and you just grab a hold and chew. I don’t see any teeth yet, but I know they are there. I’m hoping they stay put for a few more months. I want as many gummy smiles as I can get.  IMG_8190 IMG_8174You are still sleeping through the night like a champ!! Bedtime is around 8:30 and you usually don’t stir until around 7:30 or 8! You are now sleeping upstairs in your own room! The only thing that you end up doing is sticking your left arm outside the crib and getting it stuck. I have removed all the bumpers because I’m such a paranoid mama, but now we are reconsidering putting them back in. Your poor little arm is freezing in the morning, but you ALWAYS wake up with a huge smile. We make our way downstairs…change your diaper…make a bottle and hop back into mommies bed to eat and watch some television before it’s time to go get brother up. IMG_8163Speaking of Cole…you are IN LOVE with him! I’m pretty sure the feeling is mutual. You will track him while he’s playing and watch every move. I know you can’t wait for the day you can get out there and play too. I picked Cole up from school the other day and asked if he missed mommy {no} daddy {no} Uncle Chris {no} Blake {YES!} Well, he sure missed you buddy! I love having our special time together twice a week while he’s at school. We run lots of errands together and you are such a little trooper. You sometimes start to get tired of being in your car seat {who could blame you?} so that’s when I get out the front carrier and you eat that up!IMG_8114

I can’t believe you have only been in our lives for four short months because it feels like I have known you my entire life. Our family is more full for having you in it and we all love you so much sweet boy! I can’t wait to see what this next month brings because I know you have some surprises in store. You are one strong boy and definitely prefer standing or sitting than lying down!

5 sweet comments:

Raven Mathis @ LMMP said...

Read your post on PolkaDot Pig, so I headed over to check and you can still drag and drop on your desktop to save the photos. Plus, for serious creepers there is always screen shots.

The best way to keep your photos safe from online preditors is to not post them. Which I totally understand kinda ruins the family blog. :(

Hope you find a solution that works for you and your family!

Andrea Foster said...

Another adorable boy you have Katie!

Moore Family said...

I love that you get so many pictures of him smiling. Seth smiles until I grab the camera. Little stinker.

Greene Family said...

Happy 4 months Blake!! Wow - you've really gotten big and have lost all of your newborn look! You have an awesome smile, like your brother! I'm sure it won't be long before the two of you are playing together! Adorable photos, as always, Katie! Love his big blue eyes!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

he is SO cute! love his face in that last picture. and can i just say how jealous i am that he is such a great sleeper?! manny is going backwards with his sleep schedule...ugh.