Oct 26, 2010

the great pumpkin hunt

Monday at school, the parents were invited to come back during PE time for the pumpkin hunt. Blake and I showed up ready to take pictures of big brother in action! Look at that little stink face. He sure can be ornery at times. IMG_0377 copyIMG_0380 copyHe couldn’t make up his mind which pumpkin to choose. Notice the buzz light year shirt! I couldn’t decided between Buzz and Woody, so he got both! {found at Target} IMG_0387 copySo he chose two.IMG_0388 copyThen it was class picture time. Of course Cole sat next to his best classmate buddy, Porter! I’m not going to show the class picture due to privacy issues, but they were sure cute!IMG_0405 copy

IMG_0413 copy

Next on the list was the obstacle course! I was amazed at how well Cole listened to directions. He waited for his turn patiently and when they said “go” he took off….The kids were all so cute jumping through hula hoops.IMG_0445 copyIMG_0451 copyWhen it was time to go inside Cole looked at me and asked for “five minutes.” I told him that mommy and Blake would be back after school to pick him up and he gave me a big kiss and that was it. I was afraid he might not understand why he couldn’t leave with me. I was wrong.

IMG_0513 copyI guess Cole has a hard time holding onto the rope when they walk as a class so the teachers devised a little plan. They made his knot special. It is covered in masking tape and only Cole is allowed to hold that spot. It works like a charm and he knows that is where he goes. It was pretty cute. Oh, I always figured I would have the high maintenance child. I’m just glad his teachers are so accommodating.

6 sweet comments:

Caden and Mommy said...

Oh, SO cute! I love his Buzz T. Caden has a similar Woody one, but I got his at Nordstroms and probably paid double the price - darn it :0( ... and mhh? I wonder where he got the Pick Two Pumpkins, Maybe from his mommy who picked two shirts :0)
Cole is so cute picking pumpkins and on the obstacle course!!! It's fun to hear Cole is so well behaved at school and listens to the directions. I was amazed at how well Caden did when I went to family day the other day ... I sat there and thought, "really, is this my child?" Thanks for the fun post!

Supermom-In-Training said...

I'm so glad you found the t-shirts for Cole! I meant to tell you that I found them at Target the other day, but you did too! He is such a cutie!!

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

so handsome...he looks so strong picking out those pumpkins...

Jaime said...

I always love when I see that you've posted a new blog because I can't get enough of your pictures! Love seeing Buzz, I mean Cole, with his pumpkins!

Emily said...

So cute! I love the obstacle course pictures, you can really see Cole's concentration! Adorable, and the Woody shirt is great!

Greene Family said...

Adorable pictures! What a fun day! Love Cole's expressions with picking out the pumpkins and concentration on the obstacle course! Cute Buzz shirt!