Oct 12, 2010

help me choose!!

Last night I posted my two name options for my photography and I’m still SO torn! I always thought I would go with Katie J photography, but then I thought that Two Little Birds Photography would fit “my style” better. It also reflects my love for my boys. SO then I thought what about merging the two?! Now, I am just as lost as when I started! This is where you come in! I am hoping you can give me your opinion. I got lots of opinions on FB and I am so grateful! These are just some rough edits of a few logo designs I have been throwing around. The bird images aren’t necessarily the ones I will be using.

twolittlebirds Yes, I want to add birds to both of these. So even if I went with Katie J I will add two birds.katie j_edited-2 or should I incorporate the two names together?logo 2twolittle birds1_edited-1 a little too crowded??logo_edited-2  katie J logo 2

Oh, I hate being such an indecisive person!! I would appreciate any and all thoughts!

ADDED: Yes, I plan on specializing in children and families. I have no desire to do weddings :)

14 sweet comments:

Caden and Mommy said...

I like the last one, I like the font of the "katie j" ... but I would pick different birds (like you said) :0)

Alex said...

I like the fourth one! :)

Anonymous said...

I like the two little birds with your name. The only problem, and I am not totally sure this is relevant, is that you need something in there that tells people what it is that you do. While two little birds has significance to you, a consumer isn't going to know why you chose two little birds unless you tell them. This is something I was taught in a small business class years ago but I'm not totally sure it's true because how many big and successful businesses have a mascot that has anything to do with their product. So it's kind of a principle you can take or leave. You could do the two birds looking into a camera. LOL!!! I have no idea what that would look like. I'm not sure I have been very helpful! :)

Danette
Spokane WA

Holly said...

I love both names, I can totally see why you're indecisive. I really like both logos, but without the frame. I would also not combine the names, I would choose one or the other. It sounds more clean that way. I think TLB is adorable and very unique. If you are planning to focus on kids & family photography I would go with this one. However, if you eventually want to branch out to weddings & general photography I would go with Katie J. It sounds more "adult". But honestly, you really cannot go wrong with either of these choices...they are both great!

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

I like the 3rd one! :)

Marissa said...

I like the last one :) and the one where you combined the two and said, by katie j....if we lived in Dallas and not Houston, we'd totally use ya and get ya lots of business too :(

Jodi said...

I love the last one! I think it's too cute and you combined them without using the TLB words. :)

Poefam said...

I think I like the last one too! But, I think the j needs a dot! :) SOOOO cute! You're going to have a booming business, no matter what the name! :)

-Krystal- said...

i LOVE the frame you chose, but that's just me =) I really like the first one, maybe you could add two little birds up on top of the frame =)

Kristin Alexander said...

They are all so cute! I love the Katie J Photography (the last one). I always like to know who the actual photographer is when I am looking at photography. However, I think it would be a really cute idea for "Two little birds" be the name you use for your photos of children/babies. Best of luck and I can't wait to see what you decide!

The Scott's said...

I like katie j photography!

QGIRL said...

I like the last one the best.
also love love your Spooky Decor!

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

I like the frame incorporating both...

Greene Family said...

Have you made a decision yet? They are all so cute so I can see how it is a tough decision for you! I like the last one, but with a frame around it like in the first two!
Good luck with your photography!! I'm sure you'll have a lot of business - your pictures are always beautiful!