Oct 29, 2010

pumpkin express

I have been trying to become a little more independent with the boys and enjoy time with them alone. On Thursday I loaded both guys up and headed to a pumpkin patch an hour away! Yes, I’m crazy like that, but it was so worth it! At the beginning of the month I saw some friends post pictures at the most amazing pumpkin patch with a train! I knew Cole would be over the moon…I was right! You take a little train to get into the patch! IMG_0848 copyThere was so much to do there too! A fun see saw that was a little unfair because mommy was on the other end. Just saying that he spent a lot of time in the air! Luckily there were some kids around and Cole got to play.IMG_0910

IMG_0881IMG_0922 copyThese old cars were set up and they were beyond cute. So vintage and fun!IMG_0934 copyBlake got tired of sitting in the stroller so I found a wagon and Cole took him for a spin. He really enjoyed it and we got some tummy time in!IMG_0945 copyIMG_0956 copy

We stopped on the way home and had a little car picnic at Sonic. Cole loves their chocolate milk and I love…well everything! As soon as he ate we hit the road for the long drive “back to the city” and both boys crashed out!IMG_1029

I had such a fun day with my boys and I was so proud of myself for doing it alone. It wasn’t easy at times. Like when Blake needed to eat and Cole was still on the run, but we managed!

7 sweet comments:

Brandi said...

How cute! And doing it alone, good job!!!

Alex said...

love it!

the rodriguez crew said...

Super fun pics! I wish we had the cool pumpkin patches you gals do!

Kim said...

Can I be any more behind on your blog? The Buzz Lightyear wings made me cry. Seriously. Tears streaming dowm my face at work at my desk. I was readin gon my BlackBerry and then forgot to come online to comment (such a pain to do it on the phone). Amazing! Then wait, can I deal with Cole at school and those faces? He reminds me of Pres. Pres had a very hard time chosing the perfect pumpkin! Love that you have gone with the name Two Little Birds for your photography. I think you are an amazing photographer. Can eat cole alive in the recent pictures. Seriously? The cutest. The picture of him pulling Blake in the wagon-wow. I mean I don't even have words for that!!! Hope you guys had a great Halloween!

Yiannakis Family said...

What a great day! I just love the vintage cars and especially the picture of Cole with his tongue out. So cute and you are an amazing photographer. I just love watching my two boys play together and I see the same love and adoration between Cole and Blake. I'm trying to do the same and be more independent with my boys. Way to go taking them all that way by yourself!!

Jaime said...

It's a great feeling when you're successfully able to take both kids out on your own. It gets easier but then when the second one is walking, makes for a more challenging outing - let me tell you. Hanna wants to walk EVERYWHERE!! Anyways, love the pictures - what a fun pumpkin patch. The picture of Cole pulling Blake is my favorite!

Greene Family said...

Adorable pictures! Love the picture of Cole pulling Blake in the wagon! Simon loves to pull Jude around in the wagon too! What a fun pumpkin patch, and congrats on a successful outing on your own with your sweet boys!