Jan 3, 2011

6 months {2 weeks ago}

2 weeks late again...                                                                                                                                       

Dearest Blakey Boo,

You are Half way to your 1st birthday! I can’t even believe it. Six months has felt like a blink of the eye with you. You have picked up a nickname that your Uncle Chris had as a baby…happy boy. That you are. Such a happy, fun loving little boy.

IMG_5951 copyA sure sign that you are happy…that little tongue sticks out to the side. It’s the cutest thing. IMG_5968 copyYou sure have drive. Look at that little face. You sure are a man on a mission. Since I’m writing this letter 2 weeks late I know you have figured out how to crawl by now, but you have been on your hands and knees for a few weeks now. Rocking back and forth trying to figure out how to go forward. You have backwards down pat. Every time I put you down you would scoot yourself over to the Christmas tree and find the ribbon with the most sparkles to chow down on. Luckily I had big brother on duty and he always made sure to take it away from you.IMG_5979 copyThis month you decided you were NOT going to sit in that chair to take your monthly picture. You thought it was the funniest thing and would throw yourself out at me while cracking up. Not easy to photography when I was having to grab your face before it smacked on the hard floor. No worries though…we got you in front of it sitting up like such a big boy.IMG_6003 copyIMG_6029 copyYou have the most beautiful blue eyes. Makes your mama jealous.  I’m sure they will get you into trouble one of these days. You have a signature “duh” look that I need to get a picture of. This is as close as I could get. IMG_6042 copyCrying!? Nah…not you! You really aren’t a crier, but you sure let us know when you aren’t happy. You even started solid foods this month! You aren’t really a fan yet, but it just takes some practice. So far I think carrots are your favorite…or even bananas. We get them all over your face and you just spit them out. I know you are trying to figure out how to swallow them, but it hasn’t really taken yet.IMG_6055 copyBig brother…you are his biggest fan. Man, do you look up to Cole. You light up when he’s around. One of your favorite things to do is lie in Cole’s bed for nighttime stories. You both hold hands and it pretty much melts my heart. I love the relationship you already have. Cole looks out for you big time and always makes sure that you are taken care of. I know you are both so lucky to have each other.IMG_5948 copy

I can’t wait to see what milestone you pick up next because you are on the move! You are interested in everything…want to touch everything…and love everything. I think you are going to give us a run for our money, buddy and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

xoxo, mommy

2 sweet comments:

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

aw, sweet baby! and you are right, those eyes are definitely going to get him in trouble! I can't believe he's 6 months old already!!!

Greene Family said...

So sweet! Happy 6 months Blake! He's too cute!! What a happy and silly boy! I know your days with your boys must be full of laughter and fun!