Feb 17, 2011

8 months,

Really, you can slow down if you want to because this mama won’t mind. I love your itty bittiness. The way you get on your knees with your arms reaching in the air for me to pick you up. I love that the moment I pick you up you are instantly content or the fact that you snuggle into my neck when you are sleepy. I love that you when you are being shy with people you will lower yourself to the ground and hide your face in the floor. You are adventurous and you go with the flow.  You love to fall asleep in the car while running errands and you aren’t annoyed when you are suddenly woken up. You love to be around people and hate to be left alone in your crib. You prefer to be with your brother and love to play with him. You love to snack all day long….puffs, baby cheetos, yogurt melts and mum mums are your favorites. You aren’t a fan of the swing unless you are sleepy and then it knocks you out for a good hour at least and it’s usually in the evening when it’s too late to take a nap. You are ornery. You know what you like and who could blame you? Naps are still a fight. You think you are going to miss something. Every time I come into your room I find you standing in your crib just wailing. Waiting for the moment I will pick you up and rescue you from the torture of taking a nap. Bedtime is pretty easy, but sometimes you somehow manage to wake up after only sleeping an hour or so. Not sure what the problem is, but I don’t mind the extra snuggles. Still no teeth in that gummy little mouth of yours. Those blue eyes are piercing and that hair of yours is definitely going to have some curls. I’m seeing less of a baby and more of a toddler. You love to be held by the hands so you can walk. You are no where near walking, but you love to try. BUT you can climb anything! I usually find you making a bee line for the stairs or one of your favorite things to climb on is the dishwasher! When the door is down it only takes a moment for you to climb on top. You take a bath at night with Cole and you are practically jumping into the bathtub as it fills. It’s one of your favorite things to do with brother. You both splash around and share the toys. Well, Cole tells you what toys you can have and you are just fine with that….for now. You melt our hearts with your amazing smile and crack us up with that laugh of yours! You have quite the personality little man.

CZ_MonthlyCollage12E

I love you to the moon and back.

xoxo, mommy

7 sweet comments:

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

wow! growing up fast...way to adorable

Melissa Swartley said...

Wow! 8 months! It really does go by way to fast! Love these cute pics!!!

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

Those blue eyes are piercing! What a cutie and what gorgeous pics. U truly r talented!

Marissa said...

Ok, I really need you to come and take some family pics down here :) You take amazing photos but I'm sure that easy with those two, sweet boys of yours!

Eight months already? WOW!!! what a cutie!

Renee and Ryan's Book said...

You always write the most beautiful sentiments to your little loves. I know they will absolutely treasure those words when they are older and you will be so grateful you took the time to note exactly how felt. Your posts always bring a tear to my eye and make me even more excited to be a mommy (in the future).

Sarah said...

What a sweet post, Katie. I seriously can NOT believe he is already 8 months! You have two beautiful boys!

Greene Family said...

Absolutely adorable!! Can't believe that he is 8 months old already though! You write the sweetest posts to your boys!