Feb 15, 2011

a little love on valentine’s day

I hope everyone had a lovely valentine’s day surrounded by your loved ones. I got to spend it with my three favorite boys! Blake and I spent the afternoon at a Valentine’s party in Cole’s class. He was so happy to see us!! Luckily, Blake spent most of the party snoozing away in a corner in his car seat so that I could spend some time with Cole. Here are the cute Valentine’s we made for his classmates. I wish I could take credit for the idea, but I can’t. I did however make them my own. Cole was so excited to hand them our at school.IMG_8563IMG_8582IMG_8583

Here is Cole with his two favorite teachers!! Mrs. Candice {on the left} and Ms. Gabby {on the right}. You may remember the buzz wings back in October. Well, those were from Ms. Gabby!! She is also our babysitter and we all just adore her. Mrs. Candice is the sweetest teacher you will ever meet. She is just so kind and patient with Cole. We all know Cole likes to test you and she is wonderful with him!

IMG_8609IMG_8605

The class made cute bags to hold all of their valentines from their friends and we signed up to bring heart shaped pb&j’s. I guess Cole was talking about them all day at school, but when it came time to finally eat them..he wasn’t hungry.

IMG_8594IMG_8598

Porter is Cole’s bff at school!! They even get to sit next to each other.  A few weeks ago Porter invited Cole over for his first drop off playdate!! I really hope they are in the same class again next year. An added bonus…Porter’s mommy, Amy, is such a sweetheart!

IMG_8597IMG_8606

Cole hard at work coloring his valentine. Well, the truth is he was trying to convince Ms. Gabby to do it for him..hmm, I wonder how often that happens?IMG_8573

IMG_8577

When daddy got home we had a yummy dinner of red and white heart shaped ravioli and then opened some presents!! Cole received Monsters, inc and Blakey is the proud new owner of a toy that Cole likes more. We made daddy some of his favorite chocolate chip cookies and then snuggled in to watch his new movie. He even got to stay up late to watch half of it. As soon as the movie started I thought that this probably wasn’t the best movie to introduce right before bedtime. I mean, monsters that come out of your closet at night to scare you. Cole started the movie off with his blanket halfway covering his face, but luckily over time thought it was a fun movie. Whew! I had visions of him scared between us in the middle of the night. I was wrong…it was Blakey! Yeah for teething!

11 sweet comments:

The Rodriguez Crew said...

Cole absolutely kills me in these pictures, WAY TOO MUCH charisma for one kid! Mercy he knows how to work it. I swear his teacher Candace looks so familiar, I wonder if she grew up in Houston?! And you ALMOST made me want to drink a bottle of water with it looking that cute. ;)

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

Cole is so stinkin cute! I can't believe that all of our "babies" are becoming "big boys" so fast! Noah loves Monsters Inc too, but he always runs out of the room when it first starts and then comes back in to watch after the 1st scary scene is over! LOL {love your new blog look!}

Melisa said...

Happy Valentine's Day! What a cute and festive post. I just love Cole's expressions! My kids had the day off so V Day was celebrated last Friday!

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

Hi Katie thank u so much for welcoming me to the LPA blogger family. It was so nice to hear from u. Your photos r Amazing! OMG. I wished u lived in NY. U would make a fortune with me. LOL. Your sons are so handsome. How is school going for Cole?

Lindsey said...

What an adorable party!! Looks like all the kiddos loved it!! cute cute!!

Brad Fallon said...

Looks like a very fun party!

Kim said...

I just can look at pics of your kids all day. You know Cole is my little sweetheart. What a fun Valentine's day. You definitely kicked butt in the Valentine's department. I buy the paper Valentines and sign Preston's name. LOL! I just dvr'ed Monsters Inc. for Preston to watch for our next movie date night!

Julie said...

Such sweet pictures. I love the love potion idea! Super cute!!

Sarah said...

I'm LOVING the pic of sweet, sweet Cole with Ms. Gabby! OMG. His smile melts my heart! How lucky you are...

And I absolutely love your V-day water idea. Too cutie!

Renee and Ryan's Book said...

He is so fortunate to have such wonderful, thoughtful, teachers in his life and he's definitely growing up to be quite the heartbreaker in his handsome red polo!

Greene Family said...

It looks like you had a fun Valentine's Day with your sweet boys! The Valentines you made are so cute and what a fun school party! Love Cole's smiles, and you can tell how much he likes his teachers and vice-versa!