Feb 22, 2011

pretty darn special

We are so lucky to have such a wonderful husband and daddy to call our own. He’s such a hard worker and dedicated man. Brooks and I have been through so much in our young lives. We met when I was 19 as I was going into my sophomore year of college. It might sound cliché, but I knew I was going to marry him from the moment I met him. This isn’t to say we haven’t had our ups and downs as every marriage does, but I love him today more than yesterday and I know I’ll love him more tomorrow. To see him with our kids is just amazing. I’ve always heard that having a child with “special needs” can tear a family apart. For us, it made us that much closer. He was my rock when I needed it. He’s always been there for us 110% and I couldn’t be luckier. This man works close to 60 hours a week to give us the life that we want. I love the fact that I can take a night off as a mom and I know that he will handle the boys just fine. We love to banter back and forth. That’s just us. It keeps things entertaining around here. They say not to wait for a special occasion to tell the people in your life how much you love them so here it is. A random Tuesday morning and I’m saying how much I love my husband. How much I appreciate him. IMG_8797

Here’s my two guys before leaving for “donuts with dad” at school. Cole wouldn’t leave his daddies side while at school. Everybody says how much they look alike. I love that.

IMG_8819IMG_8815IMG_8812IMG_8845

xoxo. I love you.

6 sweet comments:

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

What fabulous pics! Isn't it great to be in love!!!!!

Melisa said...

Sweetness! I agree. Nothing like the present to express your love to someone special. Why wait for birthdays, valentines or anniversaries, etc. Very beautiful post!

Amanda said...

I remember talking to you on the phone after you met him and you just kept telling me "I'm going to marry him, I'm going to marry him" over and over. I can vouch for you, you really did know you were going to marry him! :)

Jen said...

He is such a good guy (who would have known! JK) I'm glad you caught him...I couldn't have asked for a better sister! Love you!!!

Jodi said...

I remember the limo ride for (I think) Devyn's birthday dinner not long after you had met him and I had met Eric. We both were talking about how we knew already we were going to marry these guys, and look where we are now! :)

Greene Family said...

So sweet! Cute pictures of your guys!