Mar 15, 2011

one picture

A few months back my dad came to visit and brought a bunch of pictures. I was supposed to work on a project with them {which hasn’t really happened yet} so they have been sitting in a pile in the corner of Blake’s room. After bath time one night Cole discovered the pictures so we sorted through them talking about all the people in the pictures. He came across a picture of me with a baby and told me it was a picture of mommy and Blake. He thinks any baby must be Blake. When I told him it was a picture of Cole as a baby he loved it. Every night he would sort through the pile looking for the picture of “tole and mommy.” I eventually moved the pile to our guest bedroom since Blake became really mobile and would gravitate towards that pile with the goal of destruction in mind. A few weeks ago Cole disappeared into the guest room and emerged with the one picture of us together. He was so happy holding that picture. I asked if he wanted to put it in his room which he did and it’s been in there since. I think it is just the sweetest thing that he keeps our first picture together.

IMG_9884

Thank you to ALL of the kind messages and comments either on my blog, facebook or email. It really means a lot to me to have so much support. It’s not an easy journey as a parent, but it sure is worth it.

9 sweet comments:

Karolyn said...

How precious =)

Drew's Mom said...

What a little sweetheart! Adorable picture too!

capree said...

That is so sweet! He loves his momma so! : ) I love reading about your precious kids!

Lea Liz said...

I have been reading your blog and following for a little while now and your boys are just adorable!!!

This is so sweet and precious, one of those mommy heart melting moments!!!!

Danette said...

That is really sweet. Really shows the importance of scrapbooking. My grandmother passed away a few years ago and the biggest treasure she left me was the many scrapbooks she had made.

The Rodriguez Crew said...

oh gosh, this made my heart melt! precious precious PRECIOUS story.

Jennjilla said...

Teeny Tiny sweet baby Cole! He's a doll!

faithiee said...

aw this is so sweet! we always take time to look through old pictures too and i just love seeing their reactions and hearing their thoughts and comments... sweet cole loves his mama (not enough to get a yellow flower lol- just read a more recent post than this lol)

Greene Family said...

Oh my goodness - the sweetness!! Cole is one amazing boy! Simon used to think that any picture with a baby was Jude too, and then he was so excited to learn that there were so many pictures with "Baby Simon" and is always happy to point himself out in baby pictures when he sees them. :)