Apr 27, 2011

party of 5

Wow! We are still in shock that we will be a family of 5 by the end of the year. I’m starting to wrap my head around it, but I just don’t know what to expect. Neither Brooks nor I are from a family with 3 siblings, so I have no idea how it works. Cole and Blake are almost 3 years apart which has been awesome! Blake and babyJ will be around 18 months apart. I will have two babies in diapers!

Ok, some details. No, we weren’t trying at all. Blake and Cole were both planned babies…so you can imagine my surprise when I found my pregnancy test with the word “pregnant.” I was a few weeks late and we were getting ready to go on our couples trip to Hot Springs. It isn’t uncommon for me to be irregular so I figured I should just test to make sure since I knew there would be lots of drinking involved. It was a Sunday morning and Brooks was at work. I read “pregnant” and the tears started flowing…I mean, I have a baby and I’m pregnant with a baby. I called Brooks and through my tears announced it was positive and he responded with excitement. It was never in Brooks’ plans for a large family, but being the wonderful husband he is was very supportive and excited. Needless to say we are DONE after this baby. I went to the doctor right before our trip to confirm everything. I mean, I didn’t want to give up a weekend of drinking if I wasn’t really pregnant..haha. My doctor told me I should be around 7 weeks according to my dates, but when we did the ultrasound it showed just barely 4 weeks. I took home a picture of a speck! She scheduled me to come back 3 weeks later to do another ultrasound and there it was today…a little bean with a heartbeat of 160! I must have had a weird crazy cycle that month because I’ll be 8 weeks on Friday. We are due December 9th.  My doctor keeps referring to this baby as a she already…so we will see! Cole informed me that I have a baby BOY in my tummy and I’ve found kids are pretty intuitive when it comes to these things. Sometimes he says it’s a girl, but mostly boy. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t hoping for a little pink in our lives, but as long as this baby is healthy I will take either! I’m excited to complete our family!

16 sweet comments:

Alex said...

OMG!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!! I kind of wish I got pregnant by surprise because I know I want a third one but deciding to actually do it is just too hard! Lol
So excited for you guys!!!

Emily said...

Congratulations! Being a family of 5 is awesome! Best wishes!

Laurie said...

Congrats! I'am kinda jealous!

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

OMG!!! That is soooooooo AWESOME! How exciting! Big families are so wonderful! I would love to have more babies! I love being pregnant! I hope you have a fabulous pregnancy. I am so happy for you all. It is amazing how children change your lives for the better. Eddie and I never wanted kids and Emma was an "oops" baby. We were married for 7 years when she was born and we traveled all over the world before she came. We say that the day she was born our lives began. Lyla was a planned pregnancy and we r sooooo happy we have 2 kids. We talk about adding more kids to our family all the time. We will see what the future holds. You will have a Sagitarius. That's what Eddie is. They are terrific people. I have no doubt ur beautiful baby will be wonderful! Congrats!!!

Faith said...

I'm kinda jealous too!!! I keep joking with Randall I like certain names for a boy and/or girl and he just looks at me funny! Hahaha congrats Katie!!!!!! Soooo excited!!!

Marissa said...

wow, very exciting! and unplanned is ok too! Great story to tell the kiddos later in life :)

Becky said...

I'm just SO excited for you and a little selfishly excited for me too! :) I cherish Cole & Jorja's relationship SO much and I absolutely CAN.NOT.WAIT to see how your little buddle and my Liam love on each other!! :) And... Jorja's intuition of our baby was DEAD wrong so... I'm hoping the same w/ Cole. TEAM PINK! HA! But, I'm with you - healthy is most important and that's what I'm praying for you. Love you sweet friend and ALL 3 of your kiddos!

Moore Family said...

This is such amazing news. I am so excited for you!!

Julie said...

Wow!! Congratulations!! That is such exciting news!

Greene Family said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you guys!! I'm hoping for pink for you too! :) Like you said though, wishing for a happy, healthy baby for you! Hope you have a wonderful pregnancy!

Katie said...

Congrats, Katie! I am also pregnant...due November 30th, so we are almost the same! I hope you are feeling better than I am! I was feeling great until just this week, then the nausea kicked in. I hope it subsides for the second trimester! Congrats again! I think 3 kiddos is the perfect number! From your past posts it seems like you wear pregnancy well, so I'm sure you're gonna do great! :)

Martha said...

Congratulations! I love reading about your beautiful family and it will only get better when you add baby #3!

Kim said...

I'm so happy for you! I'm so never wanting another baby but like enjoying the pregnancies with you guys. (I get to still drink wine) ;-)
I wish you nothing but health and happiness as you add to your already gorgeous family!! xoxo!

Jenna said...

Hi Cole!
My name is Jenna and came across your site. Cole is a real fighter and an inspirational hero.
I was born with a rare life threatening bone disease which is a type of dwarfism.
www.miraclechamp.webs.com

Kelly said...

Congrats! I just found your blog and your boys are adorable!!
I can't wait to follow you on the birth of #3. We have three and it is so much fun!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

See, this is why I HATE when I fall behind on blog reading!! CONGRATS!! I am SO excited for you guys!! And seriously? When did Blake grow up? He is SO stinking cute...those eyes and curls just melt my heart! What a beautiful family you have...can't wait to hear what the newest addition will be! :)