Jun 22, 2011

it’s a….

Well, for the last few months Cole has been telling me I had a girl in my tummy. I was secretly hoping he was right. I mean, my motto was “hope for pink, but plan for blue!” So we went to the doctor this morning for my 16 week check up. We weren’t scheduled for an ultrasound, but my doctor is awesome and snuck me into get a little sneak peek. As soon as they pulled up the babies legs it was VERY clear and I just knew it was a BOY! And BOY was I right! We are having a 3rd baby boy! I’m over half way to a basketball team, but the Johnson family is done in the baby making department. We feel so blessed to be having another sweet baby and just pray that he is healthy. After all that is the most important thing. How could I be sad about having another Cole or Blake?! Luckily our good friends, the Whiteheads are having another girl just 10 weeks before me so I will get my girl fix.

IMAG0398

I think Brooks was a little relieved when we saw the obvious boy parts because he was really worried about having a girl. Not because it was a girl and he’s used to boys, but because he knows how broke we would go if I had a little girl!! I guess I will remain the Queen of my castle!

17 sweet comments:

Brandi said...

Boys rock!!!!!! Congrats!!!!

Mary Kate said...

Congrats Katie...3 boys...perfection!

The Leonard Four said...

hooray!!!! so excited for you guys! and OH BOY was he ready to show his "stuff"! :) sending you all big hugs!

Paige said...

How exciting!! I think all of the blogger Moms that I know are expecting boys =)

Laurie said...

Congrats!

bugbeefamily said...

Congrats Katie! I have always loved your blog! I just had my 3rd boy and although I was secretly hoping for a girl, I wouldn't change it for the world! The moment I saw them all together for the first time I was sure that this is how are family was meant to be! You are going to love it!

Victoria said...

Congratulations!! I'm on boy #2 now and while I secretly hope #3 is a girl, I totally see myself with a family of 3 boys total and I know how awesome that could be! Your boys are so adorable, I look forward to pictures of #3 :)

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

How awesome another boy! You will be the queen forever! Xoxo

Miranda said...

Boys are awesome! If we weren't done at three kids I would definitely want at least one more little guy. Congrats!! :)

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

YAY! So happy for you "Queen" :)

Faith said...

Yay Katie boys are awesome!!!

Lindsey said...

What happy news!! 2 boys - that will be awesome and they will be so cute together!!

Kelly said...

Congrats! I can only pray that my next is a boy! :)

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Congrats!! That will be so fun to have the 3 little guys growing up so close together. And I had to laugh at your comment about remaining queen...so true! So happy for you guys! :)

Emily said...

Congrats on a another beautiful boy! What a blessing!

Marissa said...

Yay BOY!!!

Greene Family said...

Congratulations on another sweet baby boy!! I think it is fun being queen of the castle! :) I can imagine how much money you will save though having a third boy as I know I would go crazy shopping for a baby girl after two boys.
So excited for you guys!! Hope you continue to have a smooth pregnancy and healthy baby boy!