Jun 23, 2011

let them eat cake

As you know Blake turned ONE last week!!! We spent the day at the aquarium {post to come} and that evening we invited our friends, the Dennetts, over to eat a little cake and celebrate our sweet boy!! His party is this weekend so the cake was just a little test run. He wasn’t quite sure what to do at first, but daddy helped him along. Thanks Nana for the cute birthday gear!

IMG_2834IMG_2861IMG_2865IMG_2869IMG_2870

Blake even shared his cake with some friends that really wanted in on the messy action! I don’t know what was more fun, eating the cake or making a mess out of the cake!

IMG_2881IMG_2878 IMG_2887IMG_2894

Nothing like a dip in our “pool” to clean up! That hose is the best money we ever spent! It keeps the boys entertained for hours….seriously! Nobody was prepared to swim so diapers/undies it was!

IMG_2903

6 sweet comments:

Faith said...

How fun!!!! Blake's face staring at the cake with the candle is priceless... "Uh u want me to do what?" hahaha

Miranda said...

Oh my goodness, looks like so much fun! First birthdays are so special. I love the last shot--it just embodies summertime. :)

Amanda said...

So cute! Chloe looks determined to get that cake! Poor girl.... all those boys!

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

I love how Blake got into his cake...Yummy! Happy Birthday Blake! Xoxo

texas is for lovers said...

just found your blog on circle of moms and I am in TX too! I am a CA girl who married a UT boy. Anyhow, I wanted to see if I could feature you on my new little blog Texas is For Lovers. Its about date ideas for your husband and love stories too. Let me know!
texasisforlovers2.blogspot.com

Greene Family said...

Happy 1st Birthday Blake!! Such the adorable birthday boy!! Can't believe he is a year old already though! He is looking so grown up now - losing his baby face and becoming a little boy! It looks like he had a great time digging into his cake and cleaning up afterwards! :)