Jun 5, 2011

walking and flowers

And he’s off!! A few weeks ago Blake took off walking. At first it would be a few steps and then he would fall to the ground to crawl the rest of the way to his destination. Not anymore! He still falls quite a bit, but he gets right back up and keeps on walking. He loves it and is so proud of himself! I took him to Nordstrom to pick out his very first pair of real shoes. Sorry no picture of them yet, but he loves walking in them.

IMG_1879 IMG_1880

I bought the cutest flower pot that says “The Johnsons” for our front porch and Cole was so excited to help me pick out flowers and plant them. We really wanted some yellow flowers, but they didn’t have any pretty ones at Lowe’s so we settled on some pink ones. They definitely weren’t Cole first choice since he isn’t a fan of pink, but luckily he went along with it. When we got home it was way too hot to be outside so we took a nap and then waited for daddy to get home. Then it was flower planting time!

IMG_1924IMG_1945  IMG_1937

Cole has this new awesome fake smile going on which I think is hilarious! I’m sure we have many more pictures in our future with his “fake” smile!

8 sweet comments:

Casey said...

Cutest pot ever! Where is it from?

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

I think that is the best pot ever! So cute to have that on your front porch! Blake looks adorable walking!

Faith said...

LOL on cole's "fake" smile it's just as cute as his "real" one tho :)

Christy said...

Finley started walking around 11 months and now she is a pro!!
Get ready- start locking the cabinets!! All I do now is follow her around and pick up the destruction behind her ;)

Yiannakis Family said...

Awesome flower pot and I think the pink flowers look great against the black and white of the pot! Cole's fake smile is so cute and I love how proud Blake looks with his new achievement.

Kim said...

I love the pot. Where did you get it? Pres has a fake smile too. They go through phases. Pres' phase now is pointing his index finger up in every picture. But Cole's smile is precious. Yay to Blake on walking. I love the Frankenstein walk!

Holly said...

I love the fake smile! Hilarious!

The Rodriguez Crew said...

Love the pot too! Where is it from? What a good gift! Ummmm the new Cole smile? Is AWESOME. : )