Jul 24, 2011

lucky number 7

I am so lucky to be able to say that seven years ago today I married my best friend. It was a beautiful day! What makes me even happier is to know that today was even more beautiful. I got to spend it with my husband, our 2 amazing boys and expecting our 3rd little blessing. I am truly blessed. I met Brooks 10 years ago at the age of 19. He signed me up at the gym and the rest is history. I just knew I was going to marry him from the moment we met. There was something special about this guy. Boy was I right! He is the BEST husband and daddy. I couldn’t have picked someone more perfect for me.

Last night we spent the evening at dinner, just the two of us! We snapped a few pictures before we left and the boys really wanted in on the picture fun.

IMG_4259IMG_4264

Today we did something our family has never done. We went to church. It wasn’t a holiday. There wasn’t somebody that was “making” us go. WE decided together to make this an important part of our lives. Nothing like a little self timer pic on the stairs. Luckily the boys were game!

IMG_4270

10 sweet comments:

Jenn said...

OMGoodness Katie....You guys are the cutest little family!! AND.....YOU my dear are one brave woman setting the timer to take a pic...THAT intimidates me! I think I have only done it ONE time..hahahaha!! Congrats on 7 years, Erik and I just celebrated 9 on the 15th!!! What church did you guys visit???

Karolyn said...

Wow your automatic timer pic is incredible! Must be because you have such a happy family. Everyone always has the biggest smiles. So cute! =) BTW....Congrats on your 7 year anniversary!

Brandi said...

Happy 7 years!!! Congrats!!! Your family is just presh!!!! Love the last pic of the fam before church!! Doesn't going to church give you such a good feeling!! WOOHOO!!! Have a fabulous week!!!

Hayley said...

WOW, Congrats! Yesterday was our lucky # 7 Anniversary too!!! The pictures are great!

Summer, Justin, Blake, and Sutton said...

You have GOT to be kidding me with that self-timed picture!!! HOW are your boys smiling AND looking at the camera?!? I am amazed. Absolutely adorable. Happy 7th Anniversary!!! 2004 was apparently the best year ever to get married. ;)

The Rodriguez Crew said...

OMG it's our 7 year this year! I didn't even realize it until Summer said that! Yay for 04 weddings! Blake's smile is OFF THE CHARTS. And you have him in overalls. And I want your dress. I think that's all. Oh and happy 7 years!! Great post.

Katie said...

Happy Anniversary, Katie! You look great! I have got to know...where did you get that turquoise dress and the striped dress?? I am LOVING dresses with my growing belly and have a few special occassions coming up that I am going to need them! Your fam is precious!

Kim said...

Are you kidding me with the cuteness of your family? That self timed picture may be the best family shot ever. I love love love it! And Cole and Blake! And you and Brooks. Happy Anniversary. May you two have even more special memories together and much love, health and happiness. Love you!

Lara said...

I love this picture of you guys!! So Good. Glad to hear ya'll went to church! Where are you going? Anytime ya'll want to go with us, you are more than welcome! We go to a church in Allen.

Greene Family said...

Happy 7th Anniversary (a month late)!! You have such a beautiful family, Katie! Love the photos, especially the one of the 4 (I should say 5!) on the stairs - LOVE it and how amazing that it was a self-timer! Your boys are sooo adorable, and I cannot wait to see photos of your newest blessing! Wishing you guys all the best!! You truly are a glowing momma!