Sep 18, 2011

7 months/28 weeks

I can feel the time clock ticking down…ahhhh!! I don’t think we announced this on the blog, but we have a name!!

Gavin Brooks Johnson

We wanted a name that went well with Cole and Blake. Coming up with a 3rd boy name was really hard for us!! We just couldn’t agree. I loved Cruz….Brooks loved Cooper…we both loved Ty, but I just felt like I couldn’t give my child a two letter name. I still love the name though. Then we talked about Gavin. We both loved it…it wasn’t too popular or too out there, plus it was a nice and short name like the other two. Next up…the middle name. We had NO idea! My good friend, Kylie, called me up and said “I don’t know why, but at 2:30 am it came to me…BROOKS! Instantly I knew it sounded perfect. I love family names for middle names and the moment I told the hubs the idea he was sold! So we have a Gavin Brooks on the way..our little GBbaby.

IMG_5646 3IMG_5650

How am I feeling? Oh man! This pregnancy has been physically exhausting. I mean, I don’t know why. It’s not like I’m chasing around 2 little ones all day long. A few weeks ago I had so much energy! I was doing way too much {I’ll thank pinterest for that one} that I could barely move by the end of the night. I’ve had horrible pain in the buttock region {doc says it will probably won’t go away until after GB is born}, but I’m trying not to complain. I love the miracle of life and I’m just trying to enjoy the last few months of my last pregnancy.

8 sweet comments:

Brandi said...

You look soooo cute!!!! Not much longer. Isn't it funny how we decide to name our kids. I wanted Ty and Nate because it was one syllable and I thought it was easy to yell their names at sporting events. HEHE!!! Brooks, so cute!!! Mommy of 3 boys, awesome!!!

Kelly said...

You look great! You are definitely glowing :) Love the name too!!

Renee and Ryan's Book said...

You look beautiful, Katie! Enjoy these last few precious weeks!

Katie said...

Katie, you look so great! We must be due at almost the same time, I am Nov. 30th...when is your official due date? I loooove your sweater too! Did you get it this year? I will say I don't know how you do it with 2 other little ones! We went to the Iowa football game yesterday and I am totally beat today! Guess you just do what ya gotta do though! Have enjoyed all your posts lately! :) What projects have you found on Pinterest??

Paige said...

I absolutely LOVE the name! It sounds perfect together! You look adorable as well!

Emily said...

you're a super cute preggo momma! And, I love that striped cardigan. Hope you keep feeling well!

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

you look so good

Faith said...

gavin brooks is such a sweet name. great pick! :)