Oct 24, 2011

Blake @ 16 months

I haven’t done one of these posts since Blake turned ONE so I thought it would be a good time to talk about the youngest Johnson while he’s still the youngest…you know, the next 5 or so weeks…YIKES!

Oh my sweet little cuddle bug, you sure keep your mommy and daddy on their toes! When you were a baby I would say that I could have ten of you because you were just the easiest little thing. I’m eating those words! I don’t think I could handle more than one of you. I love you more than life itself, but you keep me busy! You know exactly what you want and you won’t take anything less. There is no reasoning with you. I guess it goes with the age, but I am tired. You are able to communicate what you want, but I think once you have more words it will ease things up a bit. When you are hungry you lead us to the pantry and you know exactly what you want to eat. When you are thirsty you take us to the cupboards with your sippy cups. Your favorite thing to drink is apple juice or anything from a juice box. For snacks you are a huge fan of grapes, pretzels, nutri grain bars {you could eat 3 a day if we let you} fruit snacks, cereal, animal crackers and cheese. You went from our easy eat anything eater to our impossible to feed dinner child. Breakfast is your favorite meal. The second your feet hit the ground in the morning you are ready to eat! I think your favorite thing to eat would be oatmeal with a banana mashed into it. You only have 5 teeth {two on the top and 3 on the bottom}. Even though you only have a few teeth you can eat anything! You LOVE school!! They LOVE having you! It’s so sweet to pick you up after a long day and see how happy you are to see me and as we leave you wave and say “bye” to all of your friends and teachers. Night time is hit or miss with you! We have no idea why you will wake up in the middle of the night, but it’s not uncommon to find you in our bed in the morning. We are working on breaking you of this habit before baby Gavin makes his arrival. Another one of your lovely little phases you are going through is screaming. You scream when you are happy, when you are mad, when you are frustrated, when you are excited, when your brother is bothering you or when he’s just touching one of your toys. Yes, you are in a screaming phase. You could rival any little girl with the lungs on you. I just love you. I can’t imagine life without those blonde curls and blue eyes. You have added so much to our family in the short 16 months you have been on this earth.

IMG_6397 2IMG_6413IMG_6387 2

IMG_6425 2IMG_6420

4 sweet comments:

Christy said...

Katie- seriously, this baby is gorgeous!

Kamry Low said...

I love this post. I follow your blog (i'm a mommy blogger and try to take photos) but anyways I love your blog. You're so real and this post is so cute. What a fun AND crazy age. we just past the 16th month phase.

Jaime said...

I love this post! Can't believe that Blake is 16 months already and baby #3 is almost here. Time sure flies!

Kelly said...

What a sweetheart! Love the pics! Blake is one of our #1 boys names in the running :)