Oct 9, 2011

halloween tour

I love to decorate for the holidays! I decided to keep it super simple this year. I’m sure y’all are just as obsessed with pinterest as I am!? Well, I stumbled across a gem of a decorating blog this year {house of smiths} and was instantly obsessed with the way she decorated her kitchen shelves.  Brooks and I attempted to make these shelves last year when we found a tutorial and it was a big ‘ol MAJOR fail so this year I just bought the real deal at Ballard Designs. I have to say I’m SO glad I did!! These shelves will be the place I do most of my decorating for all the holidays.

IMG_5999

This wood trough was another pinterest find! It cost me around $5 to make and I can fill it with flowers or in this case little white pumpkins! It’s low enough to keep on my table while we eat. I always hate having tall centerpieces {which look really great} BUT I have to remove every time we eat so that we can see each other. This is perfect! I must admit it is VERY “rustic” aka barely held together with some nails, but I love it and I made it myself!

IMG_5981

I don’t love the scary side of halloween, but I do have all boys and they love spiders so we hung some oversized spiders around the house in and doorways.

IMG_5985IMG_5982IMG_5990IMG_5988IMG_5993

Like I said, I like to keep it simple and add touches of halloween here and there, but not change my entire house. I leave that for Christmas!!

5 sweet comments:

Jennifer said...

I would love to see how you do the trough throughout the year. I have something similar on my table because of the height problem too. I know what to do during fall and Christmas, but the rest of the year I am lacking in things to put in it.

Laurie said...

I love the simplicity of your decorations! Less is definitely more. I need those shelves!

Renee and Ryan's Book said...

Love it!

Melody said...

I love your brown and white striped curtains!! So cute, can you tell me where they came from?

Brandie said...

I was curious about your curtains as well. I have searching for striped curtains like this for ever. Love the shelves by the way!