Dec 7, 2011

my heart grew {times} THREE

Here is the story of how my little Gavin entered the world…

IMG_7239We were set to induce on December 1st. A week before my due date. Our family has some fun birthday dates: Cole- 8/1 Mom- 3/1 Gavin- 12/1; Blake- 6/15 Brooks- 8/15. Brooks and I woke up at 3:45 am to make it to the hospital by 5 am. We got checked in and hooked up and the fun began! I received my epideral around 10am before my contractions got too painful. After that it was pretty much just a waiting game. I had a few friends arrive around 11:30 and during the time they were visiting I was checked and told I was only at 4 cm dialation. They really helped pass the time. The boys got out of school at 2:00 and my inlaws brought them over. As soon as they walked in the room my nurse showed up to check me. She was surprised to find me at a 10! She even called over another nurse just to double check. We visited for a bit with Cole and Blake. They weren’t too sure what to think of the hospital. Blake didn’t want to come near me and Cole was very concerned with everything. They had me “labor down” for about an hour and my doctor showed up around 3:20. I was feeling so much pressure with each contraction. My doctor barely had time to get dressed before Gavin was born with ONE push. Yes, one easy little push and I heard the sweet cry of my baby boy. He was born at 3:32 pm and weighed in at 6lbs 10 oz and 19 inches long.

IMG_7246

IMG_7263IMG_7259

IMG_7268IMG_7270IMG_7277IMG_7296IMG_7299

That night my boys came back to visit and they were so excited to meet their new brother. I loved getting to hang out with them for a little while. Brooks ran over to my favorite mexican restaurant and we scarfed down some delicious dinner. After not eating for an entire day I was starving! They boys went home with Brooks’ parents and a few hours later I sent daddy home to get some rest in our bed. Since post partum was so full {they had 15 babies in the nursery} I ended up spending the night in labor and delivery.

IMG_7320IMG_7327IMG_7336IMG_7352

IMG_7358

Gavin’s future girlfriend showed up to visit. I think it was love…can’t you tell? Sweet Hayden was born 2 months ago and we have big plans for these two.

IMG_7362

It felt a little over kill with all of the wrist bands and I couldn’t wait to get them removed.

IMG_7367

After spending one night in the hospital we were released at Gavin’s 24 hour mark. I couldn’t wait to get home to see my boys and sleep in my own bed. Gavin is such a little love and I’m already madly in love with him. It’s funny how that works. He is one lucky little boy. He has two older brothers that love him so much. They are very sweet with him. Blake is a little too sweet at times and wants to hug and kiss all over him. Cole is my helpful big brother and wants to help feed him and burp him. I’m so lucky and feeling very blessed to have THREE beautiful little boys. I can’t wait to see what this next year holds for us!

IMG_7392

IMG_7585 copy

Who do you think he looks like? I will work on a comparison post. When he was born my doctor instantly said he looks like Blake. I have to agree, but then sometimes I see Cole….I’m sure he will change so much over the next few months. Right now I’m just enjoying my last newborn.

12 sweet comments:

Marissa said...

congratulations! Love the name...very strong name! What a beautiful family :)

Amanda said...

I definitely see little Blake in Gavin. And you are right, a little Cole too :) He's got the best of both of his brothers. He's such a little love, Katie. You are one lucky mama to have THREE sweet boys to take of you the rest of your life!

The Leonard Four said...

i think that they all look alike....like they belong together...and man are they all precious!

congrats again on the littlest johnson! what a little blessing!

Jenny H said...

congrats! he is a doll baby!

bugbeefamily said...

Congratulations Katie! He is beautiful. 3 boys is challenging and wonderful all at the same time. Although I never imagined a life without a girl, now I couldn't imagine my life any other way. Enjoy these days, they go too fast!

Holly said...

Aw, I just love your family. I miss you all, and wish we still lived in the same state! Gavin is precious and I see both big brothers in him!! xoxo.

modern Suburbanites said...

so adorable!! congratulations!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

Lucia Diaz said...

I am so glad everything went so well for you! Gavin is so precious! I am thinking he is a little of both Cole and Blake...I am excited to see how much he changes.

Faith said...

great photos katie! congratulations again! he is beautiful! cole and blake look so proud!

Caden and Mommy said...

Congrats Again ~ You seem so low key in this post, "one push" ... "home in 24 hours" .... you've become a pro. Maybe one more? :o)

Lea Liz said...

Congrats!!! He is a doll!!!

You look amazing mama!!

RedusRN said...

I don't know who he looks like, but he's a doll, regardless!! Congrats!