Dec 29, 2011

a quiet christmas eve

We spent Christmas alone this year. Well as alone as you can get with three children. It was a little sad not to spend it with family, but it was really relaxing not to have travel or entertain. Brooks ran a few morning errands and picked up his annual scratchers for us to play! We were both losers and didn’t even win a dollar…boo!

IMG_8664 copyIMG_8668 copy

We ordered three pounds of fresh Dungeness crab straight from Oregon for Christmas Eve dinner! Brooks’ family has been ordering from this place for years and it’s always delicious! Overnight shipping just about killed us, but it was worth it! Look how sweet my big boy is!! It was his idea to pray before we ate. We don’t usually pray {I know, it’s bad} so when he asked it surprised us. I quickly grabbed my camera without him noticing.

IMG_8669 copyIMG_8708 copyIMG_8745 copyIMG_8747 copy

IMG_8758 copyIMG_8494 copy

IMG_8472 copyIMG_8731

5 sweet comments:

Brandi said...

Aw, cute pics! Love the last one, holding hands..presh!!! Oh how I wish we could stay home Christmas Eve, I get so sick of all the traveling!!!! Oh, love the tree!!

Caden and Mommy said...

Ok ... let me see if I can get caught up with all this cuteness! I love Cole praying ... how precious is that?! and the boys holding hands in front of the tree. Was that true brotherly love? or did you have to bribe them with MnM's for that one? Too cute! Looks like it needs to be a greeting card. Love your tree!

I hear you on the being alone for the hollidays. There are pro's and con's. We've done Thanksgiving alone a few times ... in a ways it's nice, but in a way you kind of miss the chaos.

Happy New Year!

Erin said...

Such sweet pictures...love the one of Cole playing and the boys holding hands by the tree. Great days to remember...

Renee and Ryan's Book said...

Sounds like an awesome Christmas to me! Sometimes it's nice to be able to relax and enjoy the holiday with the people you love most.

Marissa said...

What precious pics! You truly have a precious family of boys!!!