Jan 1, 2012

Hello 2012

New Years Eve with young children was very low key this year…well, last year and the year before it was too! I guess that is the new normal for us. We met up with our friends the Whiteheads and the Orlowskis for a yummy pizza dinner at Grimaldis! There was a bit of a wait so we played outside on the bronze ducks. Gavin hung out in Miss Tamra’s arms and was quite content. After dinner we went on the hunt for some ice cream {since the high today was 75 degrees and it was a beautiful night} BUT they were closed!! SO…we settled for some chocolate cake at a local bristro. The kids might have ran crazy around the place, but we were the only ones in the dessert area and the adults were able to enjoy a few more beverages. Cole and Landry were so cute with each other. They ran the entire way holding hands! Just precious. We thought Gavin would sleep the entire trip, but he had other plans and was awake and quite fussy. We were home around 8:30 and quickly put everyone to bed. We took a self timer picture of ourselves and then headed to bed around 10 since we new Gavin would be waking up in just a few short hours. Happy New Year!!

IMG_9104 copyIMG_9109 copy  IMG_9123 copyIMG_9107 copyIMG_9128 copyIMG_9146 copy 2 IMG_9151 copyIMG_9157copy

4 sweet comments:

Mónica said...

Happy New Year ! ;)

Katie said...

Happy New Year, Katie! Sounds like you had a perfectly relaxing evening! I wanted to tell you your house looks gorgeous as always in your Christmas Eve post! I am so impressed you keep up with your blogging with 3 kiddos. I am terrible at it, and I only have a 2 month old! I was wanting to ask you also if you edit your photos. My hubby got me Photoshop for Christmas. I am taking the advice of several people and getting the 50mm fixed lens also. One of my goals this year is to improve my photography skills! ;)

Faith said...

Happy New Year Katie! Sounds like how we spent our NYE as well- very low key and with family!

Katie said...

Thanks so much for the info, Katie! I can't wait to get my new lens and start playing around taking pics! :) I have played around with my Photoshop Elements a little bit for our Christmas cards, but haven't figured too much out yet! haha.. Thanks again for getting back to me. :) Happy New Year!