Feb 12, 2012

Really, Rosie?

This is what you are afraid of? Ya, I guess I can see what you mean. That sweet smile and contagious laugh is pretty darn scary. You should be ashamed of yourself Rosie O'Donnell. I’m completely disgusted with the interview that Chelsea Handler did with Rosie. Where they BOTH talked horrible about little people. Insert any other disability and there would be complete outrage by the American people. You think Cole chose to have Achondroplasia? Do you think he chose to be shorter than everyone else? What about the countless doctors appointments he has had or the medical procedures he has had to endure? Thanks to people like you and opinions of complete ignorance, you are making my child's life that much harder to navigate. Instead of embracing our differences, which you of all people should understand being an overweight gay woman. We are all different and that is what makes us beautiful. This little boy has taught me more about acceptance in his short four years, than you have learned your entire life. I feel sorry for people like you because you are missing out on some pretty amazing people!

IMG_5418

IMG_5384

15 sweet comments:

Holly said...

AMEN, KATIE!!!! Talk about a walking hypocrite! Didn't this woman recently support the NOH8 campaign?? Hmmmm. A campaign that specifically fights for people to ACCEPT others for their differences!!! Oh, but I guess that only means HER differences! Pot meet kettle.

Caden and Mommy said...

Nicely Said!

The Rodriguez Crew said...

Please get this post onto her Facebook page, send it to "her people," .... It's worth trying. She needs to see this, admit her ignorance and APOLOGIZE.

Jaime said...

You said it Katie!!

jenn said...

You said it girl! She is horrible, has been for a long time and this just brings it to the spotlight. Ugh.

Whitney said...

Great post - spoken like one proud momma! Your boys are all just gorgeous!

Val said...

I have never commented before, but I came across your blog a year or so ago, and I love reading it. I just wanted to say that all 3 of your boys are perfect.

Rosie should be ashamed of herself! I have no tolerance for such cruel and ignorant people.

~Val

Kylie said...

Haven't seen the interview and don't want to! Very well said Katie! We love sweet Cole so much! Take a deep breath and have a great day!

Sarah Condon said...

Gosh... You took the words right out of my mouth and made me cry!! I may just have to send a link to your page from my blog because I don't think I can say it any better. You are totally right and I wish she could read this.

Anonymous said...

ummm...what did she say? key word for search?

Faith said...

OHHH! KATIE!! I haven't seen the interview (don't watch tv much) but don't care to see for myself. It breaks my heart that there's people like that out there! This had me teared up! Have hope & be strong in the Lord!

Jennifer said...

Rosie and Chelsea are pathetic! They are so dumb and don't even realize it. Everyone already knows they're completely off their rockers! This just confirms it further!
Cole looks adorable in these photos!! Love his big smile and bright eyes!

Katie Davis said...

This brought me to tears! What a sweet little boy you have. Oh Rosie... I can't even begin to say what I want to about her. If anyone were to say anything about gays she would be all over it! It boggles my mind that someone can make fun of the way someone is born. This little boy of yours is so lucky to have a mom like you. I love reading your blog and hope to see this precious boy change the world someday :)

Christina said...

This is my first comment on your blog. I had not heard of this interview before, and just went to see what was said. I'm so saddened to read it...and I'm so disappointed in Rosie (of all people). Thanks for pointing this out to us. Cole is adorable and seems to be so vibrant and full of fun! We need more of that in this world!

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

Hey girlie! I already wrote to Rosie O'Donnell! If she contacts me I will let you know. Don't worry about her, I am going to get Donald Trump on her ass! LOL
Also, one of my followers on my blog....Nicole Massett just posted a video on you tube! It is AWESOME!!!! She is an AH woman married to a LP and has a son LP and daughter LP.
Rosie O'Donnell has the nerve to say this when she has her own issues! xoxoxoxoxox