Apr 14, 2012

kind of a disaster

Here in Texas we get our annual bluebonnets and it’s a Texas tradition to torture your children and take pictures in them! The day started out great, but ended in tears. Unfortunately Cole just couldn’t pull it together. Blake was constantly running towards the street with all the passing cars and Gavin was Mr. Serious. One fun thing that happened was that Gavin sat in the flowers all by himself!! It only lasted a few moments, but it was long enough to get some pictures! We threw the boys in our laps and snapped a few pictures to commemorate the bluebonnets, but I was so disappointed! I really wanted one of all three boys sitting together, but that wasn’t going to happen. I’m sure we were a site for all the other happy families taking pictures. We didn’t even make it to the good field of flowers. Oh well, there is always next year and a funny story for mommy and daddy to remember.

IMG_3490IMG_3495IMG_3498

7 sweet comments:

Jennjilla said...

i applaud you for attempting this! :)

Caden and Mommy said...

Bustin up over here ... Cole looks like he is seriously being traumatized ... Blake is off in never never land ... and Gavin is like c'mon brothers, lets get serious here, then we can be done sooner. What's even more funny is that you and Brooks both have nice friendly smiles on your faces ... tooo much!
Nice that Brooks goes along with it -He's a saint. At the first sign of Caden not cooperating Dan would be like this isn't gonna work, lets get out of here. sigh!

A pathologically information hungry mother said...

I don't know, I kind of like these pics. You guys made an effort, all dressed up, you and hubby look good on the pics... Pity that none of the kids even looked near the camera :-)))

Jennifer said...

I love it! This is real life!

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

Gavin cracks me up!!! In the first pic he is soooo pissed off!!! I love it!!!

Marissa said...

well they still turned out precious! my gosh, every time I read your blog, it makes me want just one more BOY!! so cute :-)

Jamie said...

Added you to my list of blogs we read on my little guy Cal's blog. Hope you don't mind! His blog is www.tinyhandsbigheart.blogspot.com.Super cute pictures of your family:)!